Series 2 Chapter 12: A Robbery in the Making!

We finally arrived at Goldenrod City after a long while of walking. We were tired, but once we reached the city's gate, a man stopped us!

Man: Who are you? Are you to be trusted?

Cameron: Yes. We are traveling Trainers just looking to see the sights!

???: Leave them alone.

A girl came and sent the introspective man away.

???: Sorry, you three! We had a bit of an issue here the other day, and everyone was on edge ever since. Who are you?

All three of us introduced each other.

Whitney: I'm Whitney. I'm this city's Gym Leader. You three are Trainers, correct? Can you help this entire city?

We nodded. Whitney led us to a Pokémon Center as she conversed to us the issue.

Whitney: A special object was taken from Goldenrod's Dept. Store. It was a special item that can boost the power of Steel-type moves: a Metal Coat. It is also a special item of Pokémon evolution.

Cameron: I did hear the Metal Coat can evolve Scyther and Onix.

My Onix began to grin at the thought.

Whitney: That is the main reason it is targeted by thieves. A burglar managed to steal it. He managed to escape to Route 35.

Cameron: We should search there, then!

Me, Ethan, Kris, and Whitney pursued the burglar. After searching the entire route for the burglar, we checked a grassy field and saw him there, trying to evolve an Onix of his own. We stepped in before he could expose the item to Onix.

Burglar: Onix, attack!

I sent out my Onix!

Burglar: Use Flash Cannon!

The enemy Onix fired a beam of steel energy!

Cameron: Bat it away with Iron Tail!

Onix batted the Flash Cannon away!

Burglar: Use Dragon Pulse!

The opposing Onix used a Dragon Pulse!

Cameron: Use Rock Slide!

Onix used Rock Slide! Upon the attack's impact, the Metal Coat was dropped by the burglar. My Onix jumped up to catch it! Once the item was caught in Onix's mouth, it began to evolve!

Burglar: No! Onix, use Double-Edge!

The evolving Onix used a new move and defeated the opposing Onix: Hyper Beam!

The evolution soon finished and Onix was now a Steelix!

Steelix was excited about its evolution, but sad it lost the item.

Whitney: No need to be upset. We caught the thief.

We escorted the thief to the authorities and rested at a nearby hotel for our efforts.

The next day, Whitney came to visit us.

Whitney: Hey, you three! Which one of you is challenging my Gym?

I raised my hand to answer her question.

Whitney: Later today, you shall face me in a Gym battle! I was impressed with how you and Steelix battled the other day, and I'm ready to see that in action.

I immediately got dressed and accompanied Whitney to her Gym, leaving Kris and Ethan in the dust.

End of Chapter 12