Series 3 Chapter 12: Style and Strength in Sync!

As we reached the shoreline of Slateport, May was telling me of a Pokémon Contest.

May: Pokémon Contests have two rounds: the appeal round and the battle round. The appeal round is all about style, while the battle round is style and brute strength linked together. I've been practicing contest round 1 all day, but I need help. Can you train me and my Pokémon for the battle round?

Cameron: I don't see anything wrong with that. Brendan, as well as you, need extra battle training.

May: Don't patronize me.

Once we reached the beach near Slateport City, May, Brendan and I trained with our Pokémon. We did practice battles, trust exercises, and bonding trials. Once we knew we were ready, we continued past the beach and onto Slateport. We went to a engineering lab to deliver the Devon goods to a manufacturing line for a submarine made for undersea exploration. The man creating a blueprint for the sub redirected us to the Undersea Museum.

When we got there...

Cameron: Huh?!

There were Team Magma grunts everywhere! The one we stopped before ran away as he remembered us.

After sneaking past the grunts, we found the recipient for the goods.

Before we could give them to him, however, two grunts attacked us!

Battling together, the two grunts sent out two Carvanha.

May sent in Masquerain, while I had Ralts standing in.

May: Use Bug Buzz!

Masquerain vibrated its wings, creating a damaging sound!

Cameron: Ralts, Magical Leaf!

Ralts fired a Magical Leaf! The two moves combined and took out both Carvanha in an instant!

Team Magma Grunt A: You kids are too strong!

???: Wait.

We heard a sinister voice. A man in red came up the stairs and faced us. He had a sharp look on his face.

Maxie: I am Maxie, the leader of Team Magma. I see you are protecting those goods, which my useless Grunts lost. You may be strong, but you will face a devastating punishment if you impede in our plans.

Maxie turned to leave as his grunts desperately followed...

After giving the Devon goods to the recipent, we left to attend the Pokémon Contest event. I was going to experience my first Pokémon Contest!

End of Chapter 12