Series 4 Chapter 7: A Cascading Birth!

On our way to Eterna City, Elaine caught a Buizel! Unfortunately, the Sea Weasel Pokémon is getting difficult to take care of.

Elaine: Buizel sure is a challenge, that's for sure.

Riley: As long as you spend more time with it, Buizel will grow to like you as well!

In retaliation, Buizel sprayed Riley's face with Water Gun!

Cameron: I guess Buizel doesn't want to swallow its pride just yet.

We soon decided to stop off at Floarama Town for the night. After Elaine set off to win another Contest, it was just me, Dawn and Riley.

Cameron: So, where should we go?

Dawn: There's a flower meadow just at the northwest end of town. We can explore there until Elaine gets back.

Cameron: Cool! Lead the way, Dawn.

Dawn led us to Floarama Meadow, where the entire area was riddled with flowers of all colors! It was a peaceful and lovely sight, to be specific.

Dawn: This place is so beautiful!

Riley: Lucario and I have seen great sights, but this is a memory to remember.

Cameron: Agreed.

At the corner of my eye, I saw a weird item on the ground. I walked over to retrieve it and discovered that it was a Pokémon egg!

Cameron: Oh, who left you here, little guy? You're all alone, and that won't do!

I kept the egg between my arms and went back to the Pokémon Center to get it examined. By that time, Elaine came back.

Cameron: How'd the contest go?

Elaine: I lost.... Tangrowth and I slipped up a little, and that caused our points to drop.

Cameron: Well, you won't believe what I found in the meadow.

And so, I told Elaine about the egg I found at Floarama Meadow.

Elaine: It was abandoned?

Cameron: Potentially. Either way, I'm going to watch over it.

Nurse Joy: I'm all finished.

I walked to the desk and received the egg.

Nurse Joy: The egg is a bit cold. It wouldn't have survived if you hadn't found it. You'll have to watch over the Pokémon until it hatches.

Cameron: Got it! Thanks for the info, Nurse Joy.

The following night, we camped out in the meadow. I kept the egg close to me to make sure I won't lose it. When I drifted to sleep, I felt a bright light below me. The egg was hatching!

Pikachu slapped me with her tail to wake me up!

When the egg finished hatching, it revealed a small little Piplup.

Pokédex: Piplup, the Penguin Pokémon. A Water-type. This strong-willed Pokémon is hard to befriend. Piplup is also a very adept swimmer, thanks to its downy plumage.

Piplup blinked its eyes a few times and stared at me. After a while, it became nervous and tried to run!

Cameron: Piplup, wait!

Piplup ran into the forest, where it began to get lost. It was too scared and too weak to defend itself, hiding in a tree.

Cameron: Piplup? Where are you?

I spotted Piplup in the tree and tried to calm it down.

Cameron: Piplup, I know you're a little scared, but you need to get out of this forest. The wild Pokémon around here are very dangerous.

Piplup still didn't want to get out. Suddenly, a wild Ursaring appeared, angry about the tree Piplup was in!

I smelled a hint of honey in the tree!

Cameron: Uh oh!

Ursaring tried to attack Piplup, but Monferno jumped out of its Poké Ball to block the attack!

Cameron: Monferno, Flame Wheel!

Monferno rolled into Ursaring with Flame Wheel!

Cameron: Mach Punch!

Monferno attacked with Mach Punch, weakening the Hibernator Pokémon!

Ursaring decided to give up and walked away.

Cameron: We did it! Good job, Monferno!

Monferno nodded and received a fist bump! When we headed to the tree, Piplup was gone.

Cameron: It must have bailed during the battle.

I despondently walked back to the camp, where Dawn was sitting in the meadow.

Dawn: I noticed you left.

Cameron: Yeah. The egg hatched, but the Pokémon left.

Dawn: It may be weak from the start, but it'll get stronger.

Cameron: I just hope Piplup will be okay...

However, Piplup appeared and walked to me.

Cameron: Piplup?

The Penguin Pokémon walked into my arms and hugged me. At that moment, I couldn't help but cry!

Cameron: I'm so glad you're okay!

Piplup rummaged my bag and held a Poké Ball in her beak.

Cameron: You want me to take care of you?

Piplup nodded.

I took the ball from Piplup and tapped it on its head. After three small vibrations, the ball sealed, signaling a successful catch.

Cameron: Thank you, Piplup.

Elaine and Riley were the first ones up the next day. They were training to help Buizel with its disobedience.

Elaine: Use Aqua Jet!

Buizel charged ahead with Aqua Jet!

Riley: Lucario, Force Palm!

Lucario blocked the attack with Force Palm!

As I watched the two battling, Piplup let itself out of its Ball and joined in by attacking with Pound!

Cameron: If you wanted to train, you could've said so!

I chuckled as I offered to spar off with Elaine with Piplup. My new Pokémon will be strong, just like all my others!

End of Chapter 7