Series 5 Chapter 11: Desert Adventures!

Route 4 was going through a heavy sandstorm! We weren't prepared for it and faced a heavy blast of sand to our faces!

Trace: I got you covered!

Trace gave us goggles to protect our eyes. We explored the area for a while, until we noticed a Pokémon jumping from a rock to attempt to fly.

Pokédex: Archen, the First Bird Pokémon. A Rock- and Flying-type. Archen was discovered to be the ancestor of all Flying-type Pokémon. However, this Pokémon is unable to fly.

Cameron: A prehistoric Pokémon? It does look cute.

Archen looked at us before panicking! It attacked in self-defense using Rock Throw!

Cameron: Look out!

We all scattered to avoid the attack! Suddenly, a girl appeared to comfort Archen. It calmed down once it got stroked on its head.

???: You all can come out now. Archen is just very shy around strangers.

We reluctantly came out of our hiding spots and walked to Archen.

Rei: I'm Rei. Archen here was in my care.

Cameron: Nice to meet you. We were just travelling through here to Nimbasa City when we noticed Archen jumping off a rock.

Rei looked at Archen before becoming a little disheartened.

Rei: Archen wants to fly, but his wings haven't been strengthened. The only chance he can strengthen his wings is by evolving.

Archen ran over to a small field riddled with test dummies.

Rei: I've been helping him train, but he hasn't been progressing. Maybe we should try something new.

As I thought of places to go for training, I noticed a path near the way to Nimbasa City.

Cameron: What's that path lead to?

Rei: There? That's where the Desert Resort is. Sandstorms stir up the most in that area.

Cameron: Then let's go!

Everyone Else: WHAT?!

Trace: Are you sure? That place often has sandstorms. It can be dangerous.

Cameron: All we need to do is stick together. We can do this! We just need to train up Archen to evolve it! What do you say, Rei?

Rei: ...Okay. We're in!

Cameron: Alright! Onward! To the Desert Resort!

We walked to the Desert Resort, a peaceful place once we arrived.

Cameron: We should stay close to one another. Anything could come out.

I stubbed my toe on what felt like a rock! The sudden occurrence startled everyone!

Cameron: What did I just hit?!

I examined the rock, but it started to glow, transforming into a Pokémon!

Cameron: Uh...

Pokédex: Darmanitan, the Blazing Pokémon. A Fire-type. Darmanitan can transform into its Zen Mode, where it gains a special power by meditating in this state. A Darmanitan will attack if its meditation was interrupted.

Cameron: Oops.

Darmanitan stared at me angrily before preparing to use Overheat!

Archen interrupted the attack with Rock Throw!

Trace: Tympole, help us out!

Trace's Tympole blasted a Bubble Beam! Darmanitan was only angered further and prepared to use Overheat again!