Ch. 27: The Mewtwo Mystery!

Cameron: October 12th. We discovered a mythical Pokémon in the far outskirts of the Kanto region. It was identified as Mew.

Elaine: December 2nd. Mew's DNA was replicated as Mew was impregnated with the replicated DNA of the Pokémon.

We were inside the mansion nearby the Gym. It wasn't long before we were intrigued about the abandoned diary notes that laid on what used to be a laboratory.

Cameron: Mew is said to contain the DNA of every Pokémon in the world. Who knew scientists managed to find, let alone replicate, its base DNA?

Elaine: The results are listed in this one. "February 6th. Mew gave birth. We named the resulting organism...Mewtwo."

Cameron: Here's another. "March 8th. Mewtwo has began to exhibit amazing telekinetic abilities. We decided to contain it to reserve its power."

The last one we found was spine-chilling.

Elaine: September 7th. Mewtwo is far too powerful. We failed to curb its violent tendencies.

Cameron: There's an extra within this one.

When we turned the page, the last entry was a slightly expected outcome.

Cameron: December 19th. Mewtwo's psychic power has grown to dangerous lengths. It had broken its containment field and escaped. As a safety precaution for future experiments, we have rendered this laboratory defunct.

What this lab created must've been an overpowered monster!

???: True.

We jumped to a mysterious voice. It happened to have come from the key Pokémon from the diary entries: Mewtwo.

Cameron: You must be Mewtwo.

Mewtwo: Correct.

Mewtwo wasn't talking to us directly. It's using telepathy to speak to us.

Mewtwo: This very place was where I was created to be the strongest Pokémon in the world.

Cameron: What are you doing here?

Mewtwo: My origins were discovered. You know a lot about me now. To make sure my existence is trusted to you, I must battle you.

Mewtwo readied itself in a battle stance.

I sent in Pikachu!

Mewtwo attacked with Shadow Ball!

Cameron: Dodge and use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu dodged the attack and used Thunderbolt, but Mewtwo blocked the attack with Barrier.

Mewtwo used Psychic!

Cameron: Look out!

Pikachu dodged the attack!

Mewtwo used Swift!

Pikachu was knocked back!

Mewtwo used Shadow Ball!

Pikachu withstood it!

Mewtwo used Swift!

Pikachu withstood it!

When Mewtwo drew Pikachu close with Psychic...

Cameron: Thunderbolt!

Pikachu zapped Mewtwo with all of its might!

Mewtwo lost its focus, dropping Pikachu!

After recovering, Mewtwo faced us.

Mewtwo: You have indeed earned my everlasting respect. Keep what happened here a secret...

Mewtwo flew away...

Cameron: Wow.

As we saw Mewtwo leave, we noticed something else: Mewtwo's former containment vessel. It had several cracks, supposedly because Mewtwo hit it so many times.

Cameron: I think we've got what we wanted. Let's go!

Elaine: Yep. After you win your seventh badge, we'll be at Pallet Town again. It's likely we'll spend a night there.

We headed to the Gym as I readied my team for the battle of a lifetime!

End of Chapter 27