Series 5 Chapter 5: A Glittering Gift!

Floccesy Town was a beautiful sight to see at sunrise. The town was brimming with flowers of all kinds.

Cameron: This town is beautiful.

Trace: I agree! From here, the next town will be an easy route.

Rosa's attention was cut to an old lady. She had a Tepig and a Gible with her.

Cameron: What is it, Rosa?

The old lady got up and walked over to us.

Old Lady: Hello. Are you all new?

Cameron: Yeah. We just arrived here almost a day ago.

Old Lady: I see.... Come.

The old lady led us to her home. She gave glasses of water and let us stay for a while. The Pokémon, however, were nervous of us.

Cameron: Thanks for letting us stay here. You're really nice.

Old Lady: Oh, it's fine! Besides, there is another reason that I wanted to let you stay.

She took us outside to speak in private.

Old Lady: The reason that I let you stay is because I need the help of good Trainers like you. The Pokémon that live with me were rescued. They were mistreated by distrustful Trainers and were unjustly released. I need your help in regaining their trust in humans.

Cameron: Of course! We'd love to help.

Trace: Those Pokémon deserve to be with good Trainers. We'll help you!

As Rosa and Trace played with Gible, it was just me and Tepig. We both stayed absolutely quiet from the awkwardness. What can I do to start up a conversation?

Cameron: So...how are you, Tepig?

Tepig thought for a moment before smiling slightly, indicating that it is happy.

Cameron: So far, so good.... Want to practice battling?

Tepig quickly reacted with a nod! It sure does have an interest in battles.

I sent out the rest of my team to practice.

Cameron: Alright, Tepig. Just practice dodging and attacking with Oshawott. It's best to practice against a type disadvantage to figure them out in the future. Oshawott, let Tepig attack before you. Hang loose, you two.

Oshawott nodded before having Razor Shell at the ready! Tepig started off with Take Down, which proved to be tougher than Oshawott had expected! After recovering from Take Down, Oshawott attacked with its Razor Shell! Tepig jumped up to dodge it before dropping down on Oshawott with Heat Crash!

Cameron: Whoa! Neat battling, Tepig! You rock!

Tepig jumped up in pure delight! Oshawott, however, was still under Tepig, and felt every single one of Tepig's landings!

Cameron: Okay, you can get off now....

Tepig hopped off of Oshawott and apologized. Oshawott forgave him and started playing tag.

Cameron: Haha, wait for me!

After a happy day of playing, we stayed the night at the old lady's house. Tepig slept next to me after I turned in.

The next day...

Old Lady: Oh, my! These two look more energetic than ever! You all are in my debt! How can I ever thank you?

Cameron: You don't need to. We're just travelling together, meeting new people and Pokémon along the way.

Old Lady: Either way, I can't wait to see these two back on their feet.

Tepig looked on from the window that we were about to leave. Suddenly, Tepig charged out of the door and into me!

Cameron: Huh?! What is it, Tepig?

Tepig only stared at me.

Old Lady: I think Tepig wants to go with you.

Cameron: Really?

Tepig nodded.

Cameron: Okay. Okay!

I pulled out a Poké Ball before showing it to Tepig.

Cameron: Ready?.

Tepig tapped the Poké Ball's button. After three vibrations, the catch was successful!

Cameron: Welcome to my team, Tepig!

I pressed the Ball to my cheek, loving my new Pokémon with open arms.

Cameron: Thank you, miss!!

Trace: For everything!

Rosa waved quietly but enthusiastically!

Old Lady: Goodbye! Have fun on your journey, Tepig! We wish you fun moments and meetings that will last for a lifetime!

We continued on to our journey toward the next city, laughing as we talked! With Tepig in tow, this journey is getting better and better!

End of Chapter 5