Series 4 Chapter 26: The Gym Leader with a Steely Spirit!

Canalave City's Gym was designed as an unfinished building. We took an elevator up to the battlefield, where the Gym Leader was speaking with Roark.

Roark: Man, am I glad to see you! I'm happy you're doing okay, dad.

Byron: Oh, after that news? I am fired up! A Pokémon Trainer with a Pikachu?

Roark noticed us and turned to see us.

Roark: And there he is now! Nice to see you, Cameron!

Cameron: Roark? Is the Gym Leader...

Roark: Yes! Everyone, this is my father Byron, Canalave City's Steel-type Pokémon Gym Leader.

Byron: Nice to finally meet you. My son told me about you. I hope thus battle can show me how tough you are! Shall we?

Cameron: We shall!

Once we took our spots in the battlefield, Byron sent out a Magnezone as his first Pokémon!

Pokédex: Magnezone, the Magnet Area Pokémon. An Electric- and Steel-type, and the evolved form of Magneton. Magnezone evolves when exposed to an electromagnetic current. Likewise, it can generate enough electromagnetism to attract any metal that is close to it!

I sent out Honchkrow to oppose Magnezone!

Riley: A tough choice, but I'm willing to see how far Cameron can go with Honchkrow.

Byron: You're about to feel the steel! Magnezone, use Zap Cannon!

Magnezone formed a large electric ball, waiting for Byron's call to fire!

Cameron: Alright, let's pull a move like that as well! Honchkrow, Dark Pulse!

Honchkrow readied Dark Pulse, also waiting for its cue to fire!

Both: Go!

Both moves were fired simultaneously, causing a large explosion!

Byron: We won't let you take advantage! Use Tri Attack!

Magnezone fired a red, blue and yellow beam!

Cameron: Dodge it and use Night Slash!

Honchkrow avoided the attack and struck quickly with Night Slash! However, Byron was wanting that!

Byron: Now, Mirror Shot!

Honchkrow was blasted by a beam from Magnezone's sleek body! Upon the attack's hit, Honchkrow was blinded!

Byron: Just what we were looking for!

Honchkrow began to panic, so I needed to keep it focused!

Cameron: Honchkrow! You need to calm down! Just listen to my voice.

Honchkrow managed to ground itself and focused on the sound of my voice.

Cameron: Just stay focused. Leave the thinking to me.

Honchkrow nodded.

Elaine: What's their plan?

Byron: We still have an advantage, so let's take that bird down! Use Electro Ball!

Magnezone fired its Electro Ball!

Cameron: Night Slash!

Honchkrow listened out for Electro Ball, dodging it and preparing its Night Slash!

Byron: It's not over yet.

Magnezone redirected the Electro Ball toward Honchkrow! Honchkrow successfully scored a critical hit to defeat Magnezone, right before Electro Ball took it down as well!