Series 2 Chapter 8: Unity in Union Cave!

We just entered Union Cave after blazing through Route 32. The entire cave was a real straggle, being attacked by more than 5 Onix!

After ANOTHER Onix attacked us, I was tired and sweating like crazy!

Cameron: It was already 5 minutes...these Onix are relentless!

Kris: My Hoppip is having fun with every minute. I think she's misunderstanding the issue.

Ethan: Quilava is really tired. I think we should camp here for tonight.

And so, we camped and spent the night in the cave. The next morning, I woke up and saw an Onix sleeping with us.

When both me and the Onix woke up, we locked eye contact and screamed our hearts out, waking up everyone else!

The Onix was staring at me. I stared back. It was about 2 minutes before Ethan spoke up.

Ethan: What's happening here?

Cameron: This Onix just came to our camp and slept with us. I think it was lonely.

Onix began to slither away, gesturing for us to follow it.

Kris: Is it leading us to the exit?

Cameron: Best to find out!

And so, we followed Onix through a whole collection of tunnels! It helped us up a small incline, smashed a rock in the way with Iron Tail, and dug a hole for us to walk through. After an hour or so, we reached the exit.

Cameron: Thank you, Onix. You helped a whole lot!

Onix was going to leave, but an Iron Tail out of nowhere knocked it out!

Cameron: Huh?!

A Steelix appeared and roared! It was laser-locked towards Onix!

Onix, fazed but not defeated, stood up and hit Steelix back! Onix is ready for anything!

Cameron: Let's help Onix!

We sent out our starters and battled alongside Onix!

Onix attacked with Dragon Breath!

Cameron: Use Razor Leaf, Chikorita!

Ethan: Quilava, use Flame Wheel!

Kris: Totodile, Water Gun!

All three moves were executed, but Steelix dodged them!

Out of nowhere, Onix emerged underground, attacking Steelix at full force!

The attack drove Steelix away!

After we exited the cave, Onix decided to come with us out in the open. The sun was new to it, so we guided Onix to a Pokémon Center and healed him up.

We went back near the cave to let Onix go back, but it turned, wanting to join us.

We were surprised, but who does it want to join?

Onix knelt down and put its head at my chest. Onix chose me.

I touched Onix with a Poké Ball and successfully caught it.

Ethan: Good job, Cameron.

Kris: Come on! Your next Gym awaits!

I nodded as I caught up with my friends.

End of Chapter 8