Ch. 23: The Silph Co. Struggle! Part 2: Infiltration

After me, Elaine and Trace get the second floor, it was teeming with Team Rocket Grunts!

Cameron: Oh, boy!

Trace: What's the plan?

Elaine: How about each of us split up and find a way to get to the team's boss. We defeat him, the entire group retreats!

Cameron: Good plan!

We all promised to rendezvous at the stairs as we ventured separately around the office. We defeated a few Grunts, reassured some of the staff, and one of them gave me a new Pokémon!

Staff member: Thank you for your attempt in saving us. I'd like you to have this Pokémon for your travels.

The staff member sent out a large Pokémon with fins and a saddle-like shell.

Staff member: This Pokémon is known as Lapras. It can help you cross bodies of water. It used to be a research Pokémon in our company, but I think it will have a better time with you.

With my new Lapras, I defeated most of the Grunts on the floor.

Cameron: We did it!

Elaine: Any information on the boss's whereabouts?

Trace: I got a good lead. A Grunt said that their boss, Giovanni, is on the top floor.

Cameron: I guess it's the only lead we've got.

The more floors we pressed onto, the more Grunts we faced! As the battles raged on, our bonds with our Pokémon and ourselves grew.

We were one floor away from the boss!

Grunt: You won't be interrupting our leader's meeting with Silph Co.'s president.

He sent out an Arbok!

Elaine sent in Evo, Trace used Pidgeot, and I used Ivysaur!

Elaine: Shadow Ball!

Trace: Heat Wave!

Cameron: Double-Edge!

The Arbok got rid of Evo and Pidgeot's moves, but Ivysaur charged forward, enveloping itself in a bright light. Its bud grew into a massive flower as its size increased! Ivysaur evolved into Venusaur!

Venusaur defeated Arbok with its continued Double-Edge!

After the Grunt cowered in his defeat, we headed up to top floor to confront Giovanni.

Giovanni: Young Cameron. It's nice to see you again...if you've come to get Team Rocket out of this building, you won't get us out without a fight!

I called for Pikachu!

My rematch with Giovanni is just beginning!

End of Chapter 23