Ch. 6: The Excavation at Mt. Moon! Part 2

Cameron: Wow.

Elaine: You said it...

Elaine and I were admiring Mt. Moon.
Three phrases can describe this place: it's dark, excessively large and hard to find the exit.

Cameron: Well, this will be a real maze.

Elaine: How about we split up to find an easy route to the exit?

Cameron: Good plan.

Elaine and I separated to look for any possible spots to to the cave's exit.

After half an hour, we went back after we got a bit deep into the cave.

Elaine: No luck?

Cameron: No luck...

As we were going to decide to just wander the cave, the ground beneath us suddenly broke, plummeting us deeper down.

15 minutes later, I woke up after a hard fall. It was pitch-black, and there was no sign of Elaine either.

Cameron: Elaine? Elaine!?

No response.

I had no navigational attempt to scour the cave for Elaine or the exit, until a small fire suddenly perked up a short ways from me. I walked toward the fire, one half of my mind slightly curious, while the other is slightly unsure of the outcome. The closer I walked, the more nervous I was. I had Pikachu get ready in case something happens.

"Char?"

I jumped from the confused tone of a voice. As I looked from the light of the fire, I saw a Charmander.

Cameron: I knew I had a feeling we were followed. It was you, wasn't it?

The Charmander nodded as it enthusiastically smiled.

Cameron: Can you help me find my friend? She has an Eevee on top of her head, just to be clear.

Charmander expanded the fire's light around the cave, and I sort of knew that the Fire-type agreed to help.

As Charmander led me through the cave, I noticed it was getting lighter. Before I kept going, I saw a mysterious man wearing a black jumpsuit with an R on the chest. I immediately recognized this guy.

Cameron: Team Rocket??

End of Chapter 6