Series 3 Chapter 43: Wishes for the People Ahead! Part 2

Once we hit port on Two Island, we set off to the bridge at the edge of town, where Professor Oak was waiting.

Cameron: Hey, professor! How are you?

Professor Oak: I'm doing well! This research is going smoothly.

Elaine: Let's go! I can't wait to find this Pokémon!

We set off to a nearby forest outside of town and arrived at the Berry Forest.

Cameron: Whoa! So, this is the Berry Forest? It does look big.

Brendan: Shall we go in? We did learn of the most recent sighting being here.

Cameron: We have no other choice, do we?

And so, all six of us ventured into the Berry Forest.

Professor Oak: Be sure to proceed with caution. The Pokémon around here don't take kindly to uninvited guests.

Cameron: Don't worry, professor. We got this!

As we continued down into the forest, we heard crying farther down. We soon saw a girl who curled in a ball of anxiety. When we stopped to speak to her, she looked up.

Cameron: Are you okay?

The girl nodded.

Cameron: What's your name?

???: Lostelle.

Lostelle looked nervous. She examined me for a second before touching my nose.

Lostelle: I'm lost and stuck here. Whenever I slept, I got horrible nightmares.... Please help me!

Cameron: Do you have any idea who is doing this to you?

Lostelle did know, but she was too shaken to tell. However, our culprit was near, revealing its presence with a Psybeam!

Our culprit was...a wild Drowzee!

Pokédex: Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokémon. A Psychic-type. Drowzee stands on its prey when they're asleep, and uses its psychic power to eat its victim's dreams.

Elaine: I know now! That Drowzee was causing Lostelle nightmares using Dream Eater!

Drowzee attacked using Hypnosis!

Cameron: Charizard, Air Slash!

I sent Charizard out, and the Flame Pokémon defeated Drowzee with Air Slash! I caught Drowzee with a Poke Ball, making sure it won't cause any trouble!

Cameron: Come on, Lostelle. Let's get you home.

Lostelle agreed and followed us back to town. When Lostelle guided us to her home, her father was relieved to see her back!

Lostelle's father: Oh, Lostelle! I'm so glad you're safe!

Lostelle: I wouldn't have been if it wasn't for these Trainers!

Cameron: You're welcome! Now, we should get back to our little mission.

Before we left, I gave Lostelle the Drowzee as a gift. She felt uneasy about taking care of Drowzee, but after thinking, she agreed to take care of the Hypnosis Pokémon.

And so, Lostelle and her new Drowzee waved goodbye as we moved on to find our rare Pokémon.

On our way back to the Berry Forest, Lance was there as well, examining the area.

Cameron: Lance, what brings you here?

Lance: I heard about that rare Pokémon that was sighted here. I asked around if anyone got a good look, and only heard of a star-shaped head.

Brendan realized what Lance was talking about and immediately chimed in!

Brendan: That's Jirachi!! Me and Dad were studying that Pokémon almost a year ago! It is said to appear if you have a desiring wish in your hearts.

Cameron: Then it's settled! Let's camp out in the Berry Forest and encounter Jirachi at nightfall.

A few hours later, night fell on the Sevii Islands. I stayed awake to scope out for Jirachi. Soon, I began to doze off and drifted to sleep.

When I woke myself up, I saw a Pokémon staring directly into my face. It had a star-shaped head and a small but cute body composition.

Cameron: J-Jirachi!?

The Wish Pokémon was surprised I recognized it. She sat for a while, examining me.

After a while, Jirachi sensed a disturbance from somewhere and discovered that it came from the town!

Cameron: Jirachi, what's wrong?

I smelled something peculiar in the air. Jirachi whisked away to the town, while I was close behind. I hope everyone in town is safe!

End of Chapter 43