Series 2 Chapter 29: Mt. Silver: The Road to the Johto League!

After finding out that the Johto League is at the foothills of Mt. Silver, we set off to it. The path to it was incredibly far and took forever! We even had to camp out a few nights before we kept going!

In less than a mile...

Cameron: Man, we have been walking forever...

Whitney: I know! My legs are close to giving away!

Kris: Let's hope this League is worth it!

Once we reached the League Conference, we were relieved that we can finally rest. I was excited but a little nervous of my second Pokémon League!

After signing up, I mingled with a Trainer as I practiced in the nearby clearing. Another attendee came for the event, and it was a real surprise!

Elaine arrived on the back of an Aerodactyl, running to embrace me upon her landing!

Elaine: How's it going?

Cameron: I...what are you doing here? Aren't you helping Professor Oak?

Elaine: He let me have the day off. I decided to visit you. I kinda noticed you and your friends walking to the league.

Cameron: Is that right?

Elaine nodded.

I felt happy that Elaine came to the league, so I challenged her and Aerodactyl to a battle to show off my team.

Elaine: I don't mind. When's your first match?

Cameron: In a while.

Elaine once again sent out her Aerodactyl, as the Fossil Pokémon roared upon its release.

Cameron: Larvitar, it's go time!

Larvitar bravely faced Aerodactyl as it got its bearings.

Elaine: Aerodactyl, use Dragon Claw!

The two-fingered claw on Aerodactyl's wing gained size with draconic energy. The attack hit Larvitar, but the little Pokémon staved off some of the damage.

Cameron: Use Rock Slide!

Larvitar created large rocks and dropped them toward Aerodactyl!

Elaine: Use Rock Slide as well!

Aerodactyl repeated the same move and clashed with Larvitar's Rock Slide, creating a powerful explosion!

Elaine: Use Dragon Claw!

Cameron: Use Chip Away!

Both Pokémon clash with each other using their physical attacks! The two Pokémon fight their hardest, but when Larvitar is pinned down, Aerodactyl has an opportunity!

Elaine: Got you now! Aerodactyl, use Sky Drop!

Aerodactyl takes off with Larvitar in its grasp! Larvitar struggles to get free. Its last attempt at freedom is biting Aerodactyl's foot!

Aerodactyl throws Larvitar in the air in reaction to the pain! Larvitar drops down, enveloping itself in a bright light. It gains a cocoon-shaped body, dropping faster than a meteor. Larvitar evolved into Pupitar!

Pupitar drops onto Aerodactyl and smashes it into the ground, taking the win!

Elaine: Wow! You beat Aerodactyl! And you did it thanks to your new Pupitar!

Pupitar bounced over and received a pet from Elaine before going back to me.

Cameron: Good job, Pupitar! And Elaine, thanks for the battle. I kinda needed that!

Elaine: No problem. That's what friends are for! Have fun at the league!

Me and all six of my Pokémon walked into the entrance to the Silver League Conference!

This Pokémon League is going to be fun!

End of Chapter 29