Series 3 Chapter 31: The Lilycove Love Story!

After finally reaching Lilycove City, May, Brendan and Wally went to the department store, while Elaine and I had a battle at the beach!

Cameron: Milotic, use Blizzard!

Milotic blew a cold blast of air!

Elaine: Ampharos, use Zap Cannon!

Ampharos dodged the Blizzard and fired a projectile of electricity, defeating Milotic!

Cameron: Man, I've been gutted. Best 2 out of 3?

Elaine: No, I think I need a break. We should head to the department store!

Cameron: Maybe there can be something to help my Grovyle. He is the only one who hasn't fully evolved, so he needs a tight edge in battles.

Elaine: To the store it is!

And so, after getting lost twice, we arrived at Lilycove's Dept. Store. I bought an Eviolite to keep Grovyle's defense up. During the transaction, we saw Brendan and May. The two were nervously picking food, stepping four feet apart whenever they touched.

Cameron: That is weird...

Elaine: What?

Cameron: Brendan and May. They are acting awkward around each other.

Elaine: What if...

Elaine gasped loudly, catching one person's attention.

Elaine: What if they're in love?!

Cameron: What? No way! I doubt it.

Elaine: No, you don't! You agree with me. I can read minds.

Cameron: You can't read minds.

Elaine: Whatever, I just know you agree with me!

Deep down, I knew she was right. What if Brendan and May have hidden feelings for one another?

Cameron: Ok, I agree with you.

Elaine tensed in excitement and dragged me out of the store.

After that, Elaine had a plan to bring May and Brendan together: an anonymous romantic gesture.

Cameron: Wouldn't that be overstepping their comfort zone?

Elaine: No! I know what I'm doing.

Cameron: Okay...

And so, Elaine's plan was in action. After May, Brendan and Wally left the store, I led them to the hotel nearby the coastline.

Before they stepped into the room, we set up a romantic atmosphere and went outside before they reached the hotel.

Once they got in, they were confused about what transpired. When they saw footprints on the floor...

Cameron: I just hope this plan works.

Elaine: It will! Don't doubt me!

May: Ahem...

We turned the corner and saw May and Brendan eyeing us. We were busted.

Brendan: Mind if I talk to you?

May: Same with Elaine.

We both went to our respective partners and walked off in seperate directions.

Brendan: So...

Cameron: I get it! But...it was Elaine's idea. She was the one who played matchmaker.

Brendan tilted his head in confusion.

Cameron: Elaine thinks you have a crush on May. She started this whole thing.

Brendan suddenly looked away, completely blushed.

Brendan: ...You're not wrong. I do like May. A whole lot. But...

Brendan paused at that point.

Cameron: You don't know how to say it to her face.

Brendan nodded at my statement.

Cameron: I'll help you with that.

After giving Brendan 10 minutes of pep talking and motivation efforts, I called Elaine and told her to lead May to the beach. After leading the two lovebirds to the beach...

Brendan: Hi, May.

May: What's up, Brendan?

As me and Elaine sat nearby, we heard Brendan confesses his feelings. Turns out, May felt the same way! The two embraced in their newfound relationship.

Cameron: Nice job, Ms. Matchmaker.

Elaine: All in a day's work.

End of Chapter 31