Series 5 Chapter 1: Nova Nuvema!

It was a bright morning once our plane landed at Unova. Once we were off, I asked Trace where we're headed.

Trace: My mom said our new house is at Aspertia City. She's riding a boat with our furniture, so she might make it before we do now that we're off the plane.

Cameron: Alright. Let's get rolling! Aspertia City awaits!

After leaving the airport, I checked the map, telling us that we are currently at Nuvema Town.

Cameron: It says the professor's lab is nearby. Want to take a look?

Trace: I don't mind.

And so, we headed to the laboratory. Once we got there, I was about to open the door when it opened from inside, slamming me in the face! Again!

When I recovered from the hit, a girl with an orange dress, a big green hat, and glasses were looking at me in complete worry!

???: I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to hit you with the door like that.

Cameron: It's fine. This kind of thing happened before.

The girl bowed in approval.

Bianca: I'm Bianca. I'm the assistant to Professor Juniper, the Pokémon professor of Unova.

Cameron: Great! Me and my friend were here to visit her before we head to Aspertia City. Can you let us in?

Bianca: Of course! I'd be happy to introduce you!

Bianca guided us to Professor Juniper, who was taking a small break from research. Her partner, a Minccino, was sitting on the table next to her.

Professor Juniper: Oh! Hello, there! I didn't expect any visitors.

Cameron: Hi! I'm Cameron. This is Pikachu.

Pikachu waved to the professor with her tail.

Trace: And I'm Trace! I just arrived to Unova recently, and I am a new resident as well!

Professor Juniper: Exciting! You two must be from the Kanto region, I presume?

Cameron: You're exactly right! How did you guess?

Professor Juniper: You both have the faces of astonishment, as well as confusion of where to go. Don't worry, I can help you indefinitely. Hand me your Pokédexes.

We gave our Pokédexes to Professor Juniper. She uploaded new data into them, and when we turned them on.

Pokédex: You now have the Unova Pokédex added to your system.

Professor Juniper: Try it.

I aimed the Pokédex at Minccino.

Pokédex: Minccino, the Chinchilla Pokémon. A Normal-type. Minccino prefer tidy habitats, using their tails to maintain it. In battle, however, a Minccino's tail is strong enough to topple their opponents in one swing.

Cameron: Cool!

Trace: You can say that again.

Professor Juniper: You can also get these.

Professor Juniper presented us with new backpacks with extra pockets.

Professor Juniper: Just what any Trainer ever needs.

Cameron: Thank you!

Professor Juniper: And finally, here are the three starter Pokémon of the Unova region.

Bianca let the three Pokémon out of their Poké Balls.

Bianca: This is the Grass-type Pokémon, Snivy.

Snivy nodded nonchalantly to greet us.

Bianca: The Fire-type Pokémon, Tepig.

Tepig blew a small flame from its snout!

Bianca: And here is the Water-type Pokémon, Oshawott.

Oshawott looked up and smiled.

Cameron: So cool! I wish I could get one of them.

Professor Juniper: Don't worry. There are a variety of Pokémon to meet in Unova. You'll be amazed!

Trace: Thanks for everything, professor!

Cameron: Bye!

After leaving, Bianca stopped us for a second!

Bianca: I'm coming with you! I have a small job to do in Aspertia as well.

Cameron: Of course! We always love to travel with buddies!

Trace flew us to Aspertia City atop his Pidgeot, while Bianca gave the directions. Along the way, I caught a small Pidove that landed on my head (and stayed whilst refusing to leave)!

After an hour, we reached Aspertia City. We asked Bianca what was her errand, but she said it was a secret. We looked over the scenic spot of Aspertia, seeing a mighty view before us. Suddenly, a girl with long ponytails stepped up to speak to Bianca.

???: Excuse me. Is Bianca here?

End of Chapter 1