Series 4 Chapter 1: The Professor of Pokémon Evolution!

After a long ferryboat ride, Elaine and I have finally arrived in the Sinnoh region!

Cameron: So this is Sinnoh? It does look nice.

Elaine: According to the map, we're nearby Sandgem Town. This town is where that professor lives.

Cameron: Which way should we go?

Elaine: South, potentially.

And so, we walked south and reached the town. Once we were at the door of the lab, a blonde-haired boy ran into me!

Elaine: Are you alright?

Cameron: Do I look alright?

???: What in the...? Oh, sorry! Didn't see you there.

???: Barry, you have got to slow down most of the time!

Barry bashfully rubbed behind his head.

Barry: Sorry, but you know me. I am a speedy guy.

Cameron: Can someone tell me what happened?

Barry: As you know, I'm Barry. This is my friend Dawn. She is the professor's assistant.

Dawn waved to us nervously.

Dawn:  Yeah, I've been working with Professor Rowan for a month, and I still have much to learn as a Trainer.

Cameron: Me and my friend here want to visit the professor as well.

Dawn: Great! He's already home, so let's go see him!

Once we entered Professor Rowan's lab, we saw him examining areas around Sandgem Town via camera. When he noticed his assistant with three other people, he turned to greet us.

Professor Rowan: Hello there! I am Professor Rowan. I am currently researching Pokémon Evolution. Who do you two might be?

Cameron: I'm Cameron, and this little one is Pikachu. The girl next to me is Elaine.

Professor Rowan: I thought I was expecting Barry and Dawn to give them Pokémon, but I never thought you two came along.

Cameron: Don't worry about it. We can at least see the Pokémon you're giving away.

Professor Rowan: Very well.

Professor Rowan called the Pokémon, who all were playing in a kennel. There were four of them.

Professor Rowan: This is Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup and Shinx. These are the Pokémon I'm giving away to novice Trainers. Cameron and Elaine, you two are experienced, so you can't choose. However, Dawn and Barry, go ahead.

Though I was disappointed I couldn't get a starter, I watched as Barry and Dawn selected their Pokémon. Barry chose Turtwig, while Dawn chose Shinx.

Professor Rowan: Great choices, you two.

Cameron: Thanks for letting us visit, professor!

Professor Rowan: No problem. Come see me again or call me when you need help.

All four of us left the lab and stood near Route 202.

Elaine: What now?

Cameron: All of us have left the lab. How about a Pokémon battle?

Barry: Yeah!! I can't wait to battle with my new Pokémon.

And so, me and Barry started our battle! I sent out my Snorunt to take on Turtwig!

Barry: Turtwig, use Tackle!

Turtwig started off with Tackle!

Cameron: You can't stop an Ice-type! Snorunt, Double Team!

Snorunt multiplied with Double Team, confusing Turtwig!

Cameron: Use Powder Snow!

Barry: Turtwig, use Withdraw!

The Tiny Leaf Pokémon tried to protect itself, but was overwhelmed by Snorunt's Powder Snow!

Barry was surprised by his instant loss, picking up his defeated Turtwig.

Barry: Ah, man. What a loss...

Cameron: You know, Barry. A loss is a loss. It was what I learned during my travels. It gives a sense of humility within yourself.

Barry: I see. Thanks, Cameron. I'm going to keep on training!

And so, Barry sped off to the Pokémon Center to heal his Turtwig.

Meanwhile, I watched the match between Elaine and Dawn.

Elaine: Tangela, use Sludge Bomb!

Tangela fired a Sludge Bomb!

Dawn: Shinx, use Tackle!

Shinx dodged the Sludge Bomb and used Tackle, finishing off the Vine Pokémon!

Elaine: Looks like I lost! Good job, Dawn!

Dawn: Thank you!

After that, we all dropped into awkward silence. We all had one question in mind:

All: Can we join you?!

We all were surprised we said the same thing, so we all laughed!

Cameron: Yeah. It may be me and Elaine, but when it comes to us, the more, the merrier.

Dawn and her Shinx rejoiced in our agreement.

Dawn: We're going to have so much fun together!

Cameron: I was thinking the same thing!

We all continued laughing and conversing as we walked out of Sandgem Town. Let the Sinnoh adventure begin!

End of Chapter 1