Series 3 Chapter 15: The City In The Mall!

Once we arrived to Mauville City, we were expecting...a city.

Instead, we were looking at a giant mall. It reminded me of Celadon City's Dept. Store.

Once we went inside, it was bustling with people! Most left the Pokémon Center or the Battle Facility. The Gym was in the west path, according to the map.

Once we set off, we were separated due to the bustling crowd. Upon my search for my friends, I ran into an old one: Wally! He and his Ralts were standing at the Gym's door, begging his uncle to challenge it.

Wally: Please?? I want to challenge this Gym! Me and Ralts have gotten better.

Wally's Uncle: Hold on, there! I'm aware your Ralts has been getting strong and all, but don't you think challenging a Pokémon Gym is a bit too much?

Wally: It'll be easy. I'll be able to conquer anything with my Ralts!

Upon his prideful statement, he noticed me standing nearby.

Wally: Cameron! I was thinking of you when I was talking with Uncle!

Cameron: I couldn't help but listen.

Wally: I challenge you to a battle! If I can win this, I can prove to Uncle that I'm strong enough to take on a Gym Leader!

I felt that a battle with Wally would be fun, so I accepted.

Wally and his Ralts jumped in!

I sent out my own Ralts, making the battle a bit more fun!

Wally: Nice choice! Ralts, Teleport!

Ralts teleported away!

I waited...

Ralts turned up from above!

Cameron: Use Double Team!

Ralts multiplied before Wally's Ralts could attack!

Wally: Get rid of the fakes with Charge Beam!

Ralts blasted a beam of electricity, hitting the real Ralts in the process!

Ralts shook the hit off and stood firm!

Cameron: Use Confusion!

Ralts generated psychic power and lifted the other Ralts in the air!

Wally: Use Confusion as well!

Wally's Ralts began to lift its opponent up. My Ralts hung on the ground like its life depended on it!

Wally's Ralts readied a Charge Beam!

Ralts began to dig its feet into the ground to keep from getting lifted! Ralts soon enveloped itself in a bright light. The feelers in its head split from side to side. It gained longer legs and a new hairdo! Ralts evolved into Kirlia!

Kirlia overwhelmed Ralts by using its new move, Thunderbolt!

Cameron: Congrats on evolving, Kirlia!

Kirlia did a ballet-style bow in response.

Wally slowly deflated upon seeing his defeated Ralts.

Wally: ...I...I lost.

Wally picked up his partner and turned to his uncle.

Wally: I'll go back to Verdanturf now. Being a Trainer sure is hard work, isn't it?

Cameron: I can't argue with that, but...

I walked up to Wally.

Cameron: ...if you create bonds anf friendships with your Pokémon, it could be a cakewalk. Your skill determines yourself.

Wally looked in with bright eyes and nodded. He hugged his Ralts and followed his uncle home.

Cameron: I should visit him again.

After seeing Wally off, I went back on my search for Brendan and May.

I hope I can find them.

End of Chapter 15