Series 3 Chapter 20: The Dispute at Meteor Falls!

Fallarbor Town, at last we made it! The town was peaceful, and was constantly decorated with soot from Mt. Chimney, Hoenn's largest volcanic mountain. Around the town, people were talking about a scientist who went to Meteor Falls an hour ago and never returned since.

On out way to Meteor Falls to investigate, Wally caught a Swablu. Once we got in, we saw who we weren't expecting...

Teams Magma and Aqua were together! They were at a tipping point to start an all-out battle!

We need to help the scientist, and quickly!

We walked to the clearing unnoticed and talked the scientist into leaving. When the grunts turned, they saw us and that the scientist escaped.

Team Magma Grunt: Get 'em!

Maxie and Archie: Leave them.

At the foot of their command, Maxie and Archie appeared and led their respective groups.

Maxie: You four.

We all froze.

Maxie: Here.

We hesitantly did his bidding and stood before him and Archie.

Maxie: I told you kids to stay out our business.

Cameron: Why? So you can cause trouble around Hoenn all willy-nilly? I don't think so.

Maxie's face shifted to a furious setting. He was going to get rid of us, one way or another.

Maxie: You.

He pointed to me.

Maxie: To beat a team, beat their power fighter. Battle me. I won't take "no" for an answer.

Maxie sent out a Crobat.

I sent in Kirlia.

Maxie: Use Double Team.

Crobat split itself with Double Team!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt and get rid of the fakes!

Kirlia zapped all the fakes, as well as the real Crobat with Thunderbolt!

Crobat was defeated in an instant!

Maxie sent out a Mightyena next! It growled at Kirlia, but she didn't budge. Kirlia faced me and returned to her Poké Ball.

She wanted to withdraw from battle.

I sent in Grovyle!

The Gecko Pokémon faced his opponent and readied himself.

Maxie: Use Crunch.

Mightyena bared its teeth and ran towards Grovyle.

Cameron: Use Quick Attack!

Grovyle swiftly moved behind Mightyena before the attack hit!

When Mightyena turned to use Crunch again, Grovyle made a sharp stare with a glint, and dodged the attack, retaliating with Slam! Grovyle learned Detect!

Maxie: Shadow Ball.

Mightyena fired a Shadow Ball!

Cameron: Leaf Blade!

Grovyle sliced the Shadow Ball in half and kept the attack going, defeating Mightyena in a five-hit combo!

Maxie was at his last nerve. He sent out his final Pokémon: a Camerupt!

I sent out Numel for an even match.

Maxie: You've annoyed me for the last time. Camerupt, Lava Plume.

Camerupt erupted a blast of lava from its humps!

The lava was heading our way!

Cameron: Numel, use Bulldoze!

Numel stomped on the ground and caused a heavy tremor on impact, dealing good damage on its evolved form!

Maxie: Double-Edge.

Camerupt charged over at high speed!

I soon had an idea, looking down at the river below.

Cameron: Numel, stand your ground!

Numel stood firm as Camerupt drew closer and closer!

Cameron: Dodge it!

Numel jumped out of the way just as Camerupt reached it. The Eruption Pokémon fell into the riverbank, leaving an opening!

Cameron: Finish it with Overheat!

Numel blasted Camerupt into the water with Overheat!

With Camerupt defeated, Maxie returned his Pokémon and retreated. Team Aqua decided to leave as well.

With the mystery solved, we are setting off to our next location: Lavaridge Town.

After leaving Fallarbor and crossing the desert again, Wally heads out on his own for a while and catches a Minun, with his Ralts evolving into Kirlia in the process!

Once we caught up with Wally, we rode up the cable car to Mt. Chimney.

However...

End of Chapter 20