Series 3 Chapter 42: Wishes for the People Ahead! Part 1

After an entire night, we reached the port of Vermillion City and set off for Pallet Town. After showing some of Kanto to the others, we reached Pallet Town and Professor Oak's lab, where Elaine was busy photographing a nearby Spearow.

When I tapped Elaine's shoulder, she got startled and accidentally scared the Pokémon away!

Elaine: Hey! Oh, Cameron, you're back! Hey, guys!

May, Wally, and Brendan waved back at Elaine.

Elaine: Do you want to see Professor Oak? He's at the Sevii Islands right now, so you have time.

Elaine les us to the corral where Trainers' Pokémon were kept, including mine!

When I was clear outside in the corral, the first to greet me was Dragonite!

Cameron: Hey, Dragonite! It's nice to see you again!

Dragonite flew on to a Berry tree and showed off a new move to smash the berries down: Fire Punch!

Cameron: I see that Fire Punch was a heavy result of your training. Good work!

Dragonite hugged me as a thank-you for the compliment!

Cameron: I gotta greet the others. Keep up the good work!

And so, I showed May and the others my Pokémon: I greeted Venusaur and Charizard first, and greeted Lapras and Kingdra at the lake. I greeted Pidgeot at a nearby tree it was on, only using berries to lure it down. I greeted Quilava when it was sleeping, and warmed me up by flaring its back. Pupitar was sitting completely still and Body Slammed me when it opened its eyes!

Cameron: That's all of my Pokémon!

Brendan: Have you trained all of these Pokémon?

Cameron: Yep. They were very powerful. In fact, I am Kanto's Pokémon League Champion!

Everyone mouth-dropped when they heard my statement!

May: You're a Champion?!

Wally: Why didn't you tell us?

Cameron: My bad!

We laughed and relaxed in the corral for a while. After an hour...

Elaine: Hey, guys! Professor Oak is calling!

We all gathered in the lab as Professor Oak spoke to us on a video telephone.

Professor Oak: Hey there, Cameron! Welcome home!

Cameron: Thanks, professor. What do you need.

Professor Oak: I was planning to tell Elaine about a new discovery in the Sevii Islands!

Elaine: I'm still here! What's up?

Professor Oak: I heard of many sightings of an extremely rare Pokémon in these islands. I want you to investigate it immediately, even see the Pokémon if you can!

Elaine: I'm on it!

Cameron: We'll come too!

Professor Oak: I'll be waiting on Two Island! See you there!

Professor Oak hung up the phone after that. We were going to set off for the Sevii Islands, but I discovered that Camerupt and Swellow wanted to stay at the corral. I decided to bring Charizard and Pupitar along to the Sevii Islands!

And so, we rode a ferry to Two Island and called Professor Oak.

Cameron: Hey, professor! We're on our way to Two Island, so can you give us a little insight on where you are?

Professor Oak: I'm in the local town. Once you get here, meet me by the bridge at the edge of town.

Cameron: Roger that!

I hung up with the professor as we got close to Two Island. Adventure is near! Let's get going!

End of Chapter 42