Series 3 Chapter 5: The World's Greatest Teacher!

After battling a load of Trainers at Route 104's other end, we finally arrived at Rustboro City! The place really admired Trainers like us. Most kids have petted May's Torchic and my Pikachu. Brendan's Pokémon, however, were very unpopular. After letting five children pet our Pokémon, we went to a Trainer's School. We heard a bell, and kids ran to a backyard to play. We stepped in and saw a girl tidying a blackboard. She noticed us and bowed.

Roxanne: Hello! Sorry about the mess!

All three of us reassured her and asked what was going on.

Roxanne: It's recess. I was thinking about our next lesson, but I don't know what to teach them.

After a short time, Roxanne had an idea!

Roxanne: I know! I can teach the kids about Pokémon battles!

Cameron: We can help! We're Trainers!

Roxanne perked up at the thought!

An hour later, the kids walked back in the school and Roxanne started her lesson. She thoroughly explained how battles work and the way each person can battle, as well as type matchups. Therefore, she decided to use us as an example. She immediately set up me and May to spar off.

At the battlefield in the backyard, me and May battled with Treecko vs. Torchic!

Cameron: Good luck, Treecko!

Treecko nodded and gave a valiant thumbs-up.

May: Let's win this, Torchic!

Chic yelled out excitedly!

Cameron: Use Bullet Seed!

Treecko shot a Bullet Seed!

May: Chic, Fire Spin!

Chic created a vortex of fire to protect itself from the oncoming attack! The kids watched in awe as they saw a real Pokémon battle!

May: Use Peck!

Torchic charged beak first at Treecko!

Cameron: Dodge and use Acrobatics!

Treecko jumped around the obstacles in its surroundings and hit Torchic with its foreleg!

Cameron: Now, slam it down with Pound!

Treecko slammed its tail down, but it glowed as Treecko's Pound gained a precise level of power, knocking Torchic out of commission!

Cameron: Wow! That was...

Roxanne: The Normal-type move Slam!

Cameron: Nice job, Treecko!

Treecko claimed a high five using its tail!

May picked up her tired Torchic and hugged it. Upon receiving a warm feeling, it became enveloped in a bright light. Its small legs gained a stronger appearance and obtained claws! Chic evolved into Combusken!

Chic and Treecko looked at each other in neat respect and shook hands. They now had a rivalry.

The kids cheered, giving a successful ending to Roxanne's lesson!

After a while, the kids went home. Roxanne walked up and spoke to us.

Roxanne: Thank you so much for today! I owe you three a lot. As for you, Cameron, I am Rustboro's Gym Leader.

I perked up at her remark.

Roxanne: Rest up. We'll start our Gym Battle first thing in the morning.

I excitedly nodded as the Gym Leader walked home.

I can't believe my first Gym battle in Hoenn has almost come. Tomorrow will be a blast!

End of Chapter 5