Series 2 Chapter 4: It Came From Dark Cave!

At Route 31, we were camping out to rest from the walking. I decided to create a curry to tend to our empty stomachs. As I went into my bag for some spices, some of the berries I harvested were half-eaten, with large holes in them. All that was left untouched were the Cheri Berries.

Cameron: Something is eating my berries. Ethan, is there a Pokémon that can create holes like these?

As I showed Ethan a holed berry, the Pokémon couldn't be identified when Ethan used his Pokédex.

Ethan: Check the drill marks inside. It could reveal our mystery Pokémon.

Before I could do so, something ate the Pecha Berries I had too!

This Pokémon is starting to not only be a pain in the neck, but a pain in my stomach too!

I sent out Pidgey to catch our berry thief. When we saw a weird silhouette in the bushes, it went underground!

When the Pokémon popped out, it defeated Pidgey with Dragon Rush before burrowing back underground!

It dug away into a mysterious cave. Ethan and I followed it. Once we went in, we couldn't see a thing. It was pitch-black. Pikachu lit the way, becoming a visual beacon of meek prey to a pair of Zubat! Pikachu easily fended the bats off. It wasn't long until a horde of Zubat were coming at us. Pikachu easily defeated them as well!

As we went deeper and deeper into the cave, we finally saw our berry thief: a Pokémon known as Dunsparce (via the Pokédex, once we saw it)!

Dunsparce noticed us and was about to retreat, but Dragonite suddenly popped out of its Ball and caught Dunsparce before it escaped!

Cameron: The jig is up, Dunsparce!

The Dunsparce gave up resisting and Dragonite put it down.

Though I was a bit upset at the Dunsparce, I soon got a bit pitiful and Ethan expressed concern.

We both nodded at our choice: we took Dunsparce back to our camp and I finished my curry. We fed Dunsparce as we let it go. It didn't want to go.

Dunsparce decided to join Ethan as we made our way to the first town in Johto!

My journey in Johto is reaching a new waypoint!

End of Chapter 4