Series 5 Chapter 7: Movie Magic!

We finally arrived at Virbank City, after walking up a heavy set of hills.

Cameron: Ugh.... I feel so sore....

Trace: All those hills...had to be so big.

However, Rosa was content. It was as if the hills did nothing to her!

Cameron: The brutality.... We need a bench to sit at, before our legs shatter into dust....

And so, all three of us sat at a bench near the Pokémon Center.

Cameron: Man, I feel so stiff.

Suddenly, we heard a small argument at an intersection. A girl with a guitar was speaking to the town's local sailor.

???: Why are you leaving? People need to get to the mainland, and you're the only sailor in town!

Sailor: I know, but sometimes, people would want to chase a dream. And mine...is to become a movie star!

That statement only struck a nerve.

Sailor: Come on, Roxie, you have a career as both a Gym Leader and a guitarist in a band. It's not like you're having any trouble with it.

The sailor soon walked into the northern gate. Roxie soon began to lose her temper.

Roxie: Ugh, you dumb, incompetent, clueless, stupid KNUCKLEHEAD!!

Roxie stormed off toward what looked like a factory.

Cameron: After all that, I think we need to think of where we should go. Should we go fetch the sailor?

Rosa nodded.

Trace: We do need him, after all.

Cameron: Then, let's go!

We went to the northern turn of the intersection, into an area called Pokéstar Studios. Suddenly, a blonde-haired man ran to and greeted us with a pompous tone.

The Director: Hello!! Welcome to Pokéstar Studios! I organized this area to make movies. I see potential in your Trainers.

Cameron: Sorry, we're not here for showbiz. We're just looking for a sailor that came here a moment ago. Have you seen him?

The Director: Him? He's at the filming district. He must be finished shooting his film at this rate.

We headed to the filming area, where the sailor had emerged from the building.

Sailor: Thanks for letting me into the film. You all are so nice.

Trace: Hey, sir!

The sailor turned when he heard Trace.

Sailor: Oh. What are you all doing here?

I was about to explain, but both Trace and Rosa covered my mouth and pulled me to the side!

Trace: I don't think we should tell him the truth. He' s really interested in becoming an actor.

Rosa agreed with him. She also felt a little guilty about shutting the sailor's dreams out.

Cameron: ...Yeah. You're right. We can watch the movie to see how panned out.

We turned back to the sailor.

Cameron: We're here to watch your movie. We heard you were planning to become an actor, so we decided to go see your film when it's done.

The Director: Speaking of that...

The director appeared out of nowhere, shocking us!

The Director: ...the film is already finished!

Cameron: That fast?!

The Director: We are diligent workers, after all! Come, the screening room is this way!

We were led to the screening room, where the film the sailor starred in, Riolu Man, was playing. The film started out strong, but turned into a bad ending. So many people were below content. Some even left the theater!

When we exited the theater, the sailor was downhearted.

Sailor: You know, I thought acting was a real passion for me. I had the heart, but not the skill.

Cameron: Don't feel bad. People are judgemental. I hear a lot of stuff people say to each other, and you don't see me judging.

The sailor was lightened up, but still disappointed at how the movie turned out.

Sailor: Sir, I thank you for letting me star in the film, but I want to stick to my primary career for now. I'll eventually try acting again, but not anytime soon.

The sailor walked out of the screening room and back to Virbank. However, he rushed back inside!

Cameron: Uh, what just happened?

Sailor: There's a dangerous Pokémon outside!

I quickly ran outside, where most people nearby the screening room piled to the side. At the doorstep was a small Bug-type Pokémon.

Sailor: You'll see what it is.

Pokédex: Venipede, the Centipede Pokémon. A Bug- and Poison-type. This Pokémon may be small, but it can hold an extremely lethal and dangerously potent poison in its body. It uses this poison to paralyze any bird Pokémon attempting to attack it by secreting it through its spikes.

The Venipede got hostile immediately and prepared to use Venoshock!

Cameron: Tepig, go!

Tepig prepared to dodge any attack!

Cameron: Use-

Sailor: Wait!

The sailor stopped me before I called an attack!

Sailor: We know this Venipede. Its ability is Poison Point. It can poison any Pokémon that attacks it physically.

Cameron: I guess we should start slow. Tepig, use Ember!

Tepig blasted its Ember, but Venipede blocked it with Defense Curl before attacking with Steamroller!

Cameron: Use Heat Crash, but stand firm!

Tepig held off against Venipede's Steamroller with Heat Crash!

Cameron: Now, use Take Down!

Tepig combined its firepower with Take Down, overpowering Venipede and defeating it!

Cameron: Nice job, Tepig!

I took out a Poké Ball.

Sailor: You're catching it?!

Cameron: A Venipede could be a good fighter. I'm sure of it!

I threw a Poké Ball at Venipede! After three vibrations, the catch was successful!

Cameron: I caught a Venipede! You all can come out now!

Everyone stepped back out, relieved that Venipede was gone.

Cameron: So, we're out. See you!

All three of us casually walked away from the studio. Once we got back, we heard music. Rock music.

Trace: I think I know where that music is coming from. Follow me.

Who knows what will be the cause of the music, but our answers will soon be clear. This clue is all it takes!

End of Chapter 7