Series 4 Chapter 29: The Diamond Dust Girl!

The Gym in Snowpoint City was a cold canopy. An entire dome surrounded the place. Before I could even move, the Gym Leader came by running, showering us with snow when she skidded to a stop.

Candice: Oh, sorry! There's a small rest house here, so make yourselves at home. I'm Candice, the Gym Leader of Snowpoint City. Nice to meet you all!

At the rest house, we told Candice about out adventures so far.

Candice: Look at how far you all have come! You're lucky to have made it this close to the Sinnoh League. Cameron, you need two more badges, right?

I nodded to agree with her.

Candice: Then...I accept your challenge! Let's get to the battlefield.

Candice led us to a battlefield in the canopy. It was extremely suitable for Ice-type Pokémon.

Candice: It's a one-on-one match. Bring out your best Pokémon to take on mine.

Cameron: Let's do this!

I sent out Aipom to battle!

Candice sent out a Mamoswine!

Pokédex: Mamoswine, the Twin Tusk Pokémon. An Ice- and Ground-type, and the evolved form of Piloswime. Mamoswine's huge tusks are made of ice, making it hard to fracture them. This Pokémon was nearing extinction back in the ice age, when the icy terrain was melting via global warming.

Candice: Looks like we have the first move. Mamoswine, Blizzard!

Mamoswine blew a Blizzard!

Cameron: Aipom, look out!

Aipom jumped out of Blizzard's path!

Cameron: Now, rush on in! Avoid any attack that comes at you!

Aipom rushes toward Mamoswine with high speed!

Cameron: Use Revenge!

Aipom readied its Revenge!

Candice: Mamoswine, Double Hit!

Mamoswine clashed with Aipom using Double Hit! Aipom blocked the first, but was slammed hard by the second!

Riley: That Mamoswine sure is strong. If Cameron makes the wrong call, it'll be all over.

Cameron: Ready, Aipom?

Aipom nodded!

Cameron: Use Mega Punch!

Aipom prepared a Mega Punch!

Candice: You won't be smashing through this. Mamoswine, Stone Edge!

Mamoswine used Stone Edge, sending the piercing edges of rock toward Aipom!

Cameron: Smash straight through!

Aipom used Mega Punch on a Stone Edge, but it didn't break!

Candice: Mamoswine's Stone Edge is so tough, not even Machamp can break it!

Cameron: Not good! Aipom, get out of there!

Candice: Use Mud Bomb!

Mamoswine blasted its Mud Bomb, cutting off Aipom's escape!

Candice: Now, Stone Edge!

I suddenly had an idea on how to get past Mamoswine's Stone Edge.

Cameron: Aipom, jump up and get ready to use your speed.

Aipom jumped into the air, narrowly missing Stone Edge!

Cameron: Now, use Agility and jump from stone to stone!

Aipom jumped from one stone to another toward Mamoswine!

Candice: Don't let it get close! Mud Bomb!

Mamoswine blasted Mud Bomb to prevent Aipom from closing the distance! Luckily, Aipom dodged the attack, causing a Stone Edge to be smashed!

Cameron: Keep going!

Aipom dodged attack after attack as Mamoswine's brute strength smashed all the Stone Edges!

Cameron: Go for it!

Aipom charged toward Mamoswine!

Candice: Use Double Hit!

Aipom's tail glowed white as it closed the distance and slammed down on Mamoswine, then up! Aipom learned Double Hit itself!

Upon learning its new move, Aipom became enveloped in a bright light. It grew a little taller, gaining a second tail and longer arms. The bang of hair on its head split in two. Aipom evolved into Ambipom!

Pokédex: Ambipom, the Long Tail Pokémon. A Normal-type, and the evolved form of Aipom. Ambipom's two tails give it extra utility when using them. Since the tails are used almost every time, it rarely uses its arms.

Cameron: Wow! Let's keep this battle going! Use Revenge!

Ambipom uses both tails for its Revenge!

Candice: Use Stone Edge!

Mamoswine uses Stone Edge again! Luckily, Ambipom smashes through easily with its two tails!

Cameron: Keep the heat rising!

Ambipom continues punching, quickly closing the distance!

Candice: Double Hit!

Ambipom dodges the attack and lands Revenge successfully, defeating Mamoswine!

Candice was amazed following Mamoswine defeat. She took her loss with completely stride and walked over to congratulate me.

Candice: You are impressive. Your Ambipom managed to break through Stone Edge! Your merit definitely earns you the Icicle Badge.

After accepting the Gym Badge, I was about to thank Candice when my phone rang. When I answered, Looker was in a frantic state.

Looker: Cameron? Is that you?

Cameron: Yeah. What's going on? What happened?

Looker: Things have taken a turn for the worse. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look outside.

We went outside and looked toward Mt. Coronet. The tip of the mountain was riddled with dark clouds.

Looker: Cyrus has done the unimaginable. You need to get to the Spear Pillar, now!

Looker then hung up the line. Looker is in a dire problem, and we need to get to the summit of Mt. Coronet with no time to waste.

End of Chapter 29