Series 4 Chapter 35: The Fight Area Pokémon League!

After arriving at Stark Mountain, we were forced to turn back after a guard said that the mountain itself is too dangerous. Therefore, league battles were secluded to the Fight Area along the island. We've been looking for it ever since.

Cameron: Man, we are stuck! We can't find this place!

Elaine: I should've known Stark Mountain was too dangerous....

Cameron: Don't blame yourself. At least this is like one more adventure before our journey through Sinnoh ends.

Dawn: True. What are you guys going to do after we split?

Riley: I am planning on exploring Hoenn. I heard there was a tough Champion there.

Dawn: I'll keep helping out Professor Rowan. The extensive research will help a whole lot!

Elaine: I'll keep helping Professor Oak. I'll be staying in Kanto for a while after this.

Everyone Else: What about you, Cameron?

I suddenly trailed off when I answered. I realized that I was out of ideas, and it's not the first time that happened.

Elaine: I guess you'll have to find out during the league.

Cameron: You bet. I'm ready for any opponent coming my way!

After more than ten minutes of walking we stumbled upon a small area with a pool. We walked over and settled into the place immediately. As we relaxed, a young boy with red hair walked by. He reacted in self-defense by sending out a Claydol!

???: Hey! Get out of here! Claydol, use Psychic!

The boy's Claydol lifted us from the house with Psychic!

Cameron: Wait a minute! We didn't know it was your house! We just decided to stop off here! You see, we're looking for the Pokémon League....

The boy suddenly got shocked before telling Claydol to drop us.

???: Why didn't you say so?

The boy introduced himself as Buck. He and his Claydol were on their way to watch the League at the Fight Area, so he offered to lead us there.

Buck: My brother is a successful Trainer. I admire him a whole lot and how he battles, which made me want to become a Trainer like him. I had Claydol for a long time, ever since it was a Baltoy, but my battle skills are lacking.

Cameron: It's lucky you're watching this year's league. It'll help a lot with your skill.

Buck: True. I wish you luck in the battlefield.

Cameron: Same here!

After an hour, we reached the Fight Area. I signed up at the Pokémon Center and went to the League Conference for my first battle. On the way, we ran into Flint and Volkner!

Flint: Hey, Cameron! How's it going?

I was about to reply, but Flint walked past me and hugged Buck!

Flint: How's it going, little bro?

Buck: I'm surprised you're here! What are you doing here?

Flint: Competing in the league! I see you've met Cameron.

I, along with the others, were all gaping from the realization. Flint was Buck's brother!

Flint: Surprised?

We all nodded.

Flint: Well, you guess you do deserve an explanation. I used to live here on this island. When I became an Elite Four member, I left home, and I often kept on touch with Buck to keep him company.

Buck: He did tell me about his battle with you. Your Pikachu is quite strong.

Cameron: Thanks! I hope you see me win this.

Flint: Don't be cocky. This is about skill and strategy. I'll be seeing you in the finals!

Cameron: It's a date.

Me and Flint shook hands, solidifying our promise and rivalry!

My preliminary match soon began. I was up against a boy with green hair who goes by Aaron.

Referee: This match will be a Double Battle. The Trainer who defeats the opposing Pokémon will be the winner. Trainers, please send out your Pokémon.

I sent out Infernape and Ambipom, while Aaron sent out a Heracross and Vespiquen.

Pokédex: Vespiquen, the Beehive Pokémon. A Bug- and Flying-type. Vespiquen attacks sometimes on its own, and other times commanding its Combee underlings to attack. It stores honey collected from Combee into its abdomen.

Heracross, the Single Horn Pokémon. A Bug- and Fighting-type. Heracross can use the claws on its arms and legs to get solid footing for launching opponents away with its proud horn.

Cameron: I'm up with a tough challenge. Let's hope this battle goes smooth.

Referee: Battle...

We both waited for the referee's call.

Referee: ...begin!!

End of Chapter 35