Ch. 7: The Excavation at Mt. Moon! Part 3

Cameron: That's a subordinate of Team Rocket!!

Me, Pikachu, and Charmander were all nervous. We heard about Team Rocket from the news on TV. They've gotten away with tons of thefts. Once they heard there was something rare (and pricey in their terms) in Mt. Moon, they must've come to find it. I won't let that happen!

Cameron: Pikachu, let's stop this guy. Charmander, you want to help?

Charmander nodded as we stepped slowly toward the grunt. I noticed that he has a Zubat.

Grunt: Hey, you!!

Oh, no!

Grunt: Zubat, Poison Fang!

Zubat's teeth became coated in poison as it flew toward us!

Cameron: Pikachu, Thunder Shock!

As Pikachu lauched a Thunder Shock, Charmander engulfed its teeth in flames as they charged forward.

After Zubat was heavily damaged by the Thunder Shock, Charmander grabbed Zubat with its flame-coated teeth and flung it down the cave.

Cameron: Nice Fire Fang, Charmander.

Charmander thanked me for the praising comment.

The Grunt, fazed at his instant defeat, ran away in disappointment.

Cameron: Now that that's over with, let's find Elaine.

As we continued through the cave. I heard a large "CRASH!!!"

I ran over to the scene and noticed Elaine, using not only her Eevee but a Jigglypuff she recently caught as well, battling another Team Rocket Grunt.

Elaine: Evo, Take Down! Jigglypuff, Pound!

Evo heavily tackled the Grunt's Sandshrew, and Jigglypuff slapped the Grunt's Ratatta. Both Pokémon were overwhelmed and defeated.

Cameron: Elaine!

Elaine: Cameron! I've been looking for you!

Cameron: Me too! What's happening?

Elaine: Once we got separated, these guys from Team Rocket came here looking for two types of Pokémon fossils that were recently excavated.

Cameron: I knew they were after something juicy. We should kick these dudes out of here before they get the fossils.

And so, me, Elaine and Charmander got rid of every Team Rocket Grunt at Mt. Moon! But, as we battled the last one...

Grunt: Sandslash, use Earthquake!

Cameron: Pikachu, dodge it!

The Grunt's Sandslash stomped its foot, triggering a large tremor! Pikachu dodged it, but the tremor was causing the cave's stalactites to fall towards us. We knew we had to escape, so we ran, after recovering the fossils, out of Mt. Moon! I carried Charmander to keep him out of danger as well.

After we rushed out, dust emerged from the cave after the cave-in.

Elaine: We did it!

Cameron: We sure did! Charmander, you've been a great help! Thanks.

Charmander happily replied in a proud tone before it turned to leave.

Cameron: Charmander?

The Pokémon stopped as it turned to me.

Cameron: You are pretty strong. How about you join me and Pikachu?

Charmander rejoiced as I pulled out the Poké Ball, but Charmander headbutted me! The Ball flew out of my hand and landed on Charmander. After three slow vibrations...

"CLICK!"

Cameron: I caught a Charmander!

Elaine: Nice job! Come on, Cerulean City is up ahead.

Cameron: ... I'm right behind you.

I'm on my way to win my next badge! Nothing's stopping me now!!

End of Chapter 7