Series 4 Chapter 13: There's No Place like Hearthome!

Hearthome City was a very big place. We explored the area until we saw a Contest Hall.

Elaine: A Contest Hall! Now's my chance to make up for my loss!

Cameron: I'll come as moral support! I could even compete, maybe!

Dawn: Guess me, Riley and Cheryl will walk around town a little more.

Cameron: See you, guys! Have fun!

Riley: Same.

As the others walked on, me and Elaine attended the Contest Hall.

Announcer: Welcome to the Hearthome City Pokémon Contest Hall. Today's grand prizes are: A Magmarizer, a Dawn Stone and a Contest Ribbon for your Pokémon's efforts in performing.

Elaine: We have to win that. That Magmarizer could be a connection to my Magmar.

Cameron: I'm with you! I'll enter as well in case you don't make it!

Elaine: Thanks, Cameron!

We both signed up for the Pokémon Contest as we waited in the locker room.

Elaine: The first event requires three Pokémon.

Cameron: I'll be using Piplup, Pikachu and Staravia.

Elaine: For me, it's Evo, Buizel and Tangrowth.

Cameron: Lucky. Once the first round begins, we better put off a good show.

Me and Elaine agreed as we set off for the first round of the contest. We both managed to stay in the first round after scoring a great performance! The battle round came soon after. However, Elaine lost her match, resulting in her elimination.

Cameron: Sorry you lost, Elaine.

Elaine: It's fine. Either way, you better win this round. You're up against another finalist, and he looks tough!

Cameron: I'll be careful!

Once the next battle started, Pikachu was up against the finalist's Mothim.

Pokédex: Mothim, the Moth Pokémon. A Bug- and Flying-type. Mothim is only active at nighttime, and eats honey. To obtain that honey, it steals it from Combee nests.

Mothim started off with a Quiver Dance!

Cameron: Use Quick Attack!

Pikachu started off with Quick Attack, but Mothim was quicker and dodged it!

Trainer: Use Psychic!

Mothim suspended Pikachu in midair with Psychic and slammed him down, causing us to lose points!

Cameron: Thunderbolt!

Pikachu used Thunderbolt and caused Mothim to lose its focus, dropping her from Mothim's grasp!

Cameron: Now, Mega Kick!

Trainer: Gust!

Before Pikachu could land a Mega Kick, Mothim reduced Pikachu's momentum with Psychic, causing it to lose less points!

Cameron: Iron Tail!

Pikachu jumped in for Iron Tail!

Trainer: Mothim, Bug Buzz!

Mothim emanated a green pulse from its wings, knocking Pikachu back before Iron Tail could hit!

We lost a lot of points. The only way for a comeback is a knockout!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt!

Trainer: Mothim, Protect!

Mothim used its wings to block against Thunderbolt! However, once it let its guard down, Pikachu scored a critical hit with Mega Kick, defeating Mothim and causing the rest of its points to drop. We won the the Contest!

After receiving the promised rewards, I gave them to Elaine.

Elaine: Thank you! Besides, the ribbon belongs to you.

Cameron: No problem. Let's see what happens to your Magmar!

Elaine gave to Magmarizer to her Magmar. Once she did, Magmar became enveloped in a bright light. Its hands became cannons and gained an extra armor of fat. Magmar evolved into Magmortar!

Pokédex: Magmortar, the Blast Pokémon. A Fire-type, and the evolved form of Magmar. Magmortar can blast fireballs up to 3,600 degrees Fahrenheit from its arms. Its breath also has a searing sensation!

Magmortar flexed its arms to show off!

Elaine: Looking good, Magmortar! Thank you so much, Cameron!

Cameron: It's no problem. A friend in need is a friend indeed, after all.

Elaine nodded in agreement as we left the Contest Hall and headed to the Gym. However, we saw a disappointing sight.

Cameron: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Hearthome City's Gym was closed!

Cameron: Man...I was so excited about facing this Gym...

Elaine: We can come back later. Let's go look for the others.

I conceded and followed Elaine to find the others.

The following night, we stayed at the Pokémon Center and spent the night at a room. During the night, I had a nightmare about a Pokémon bound to a mysterious rock. After I jumped awake, I looked out to Route 208. What could be causing that nightmare?

End of Chapter 13