Ch. 25: Sabrina, the Psychic Woman!

Entering the Saffron City Gym was a real challenge. I had to walk across an invisible path and battle Trainers on the platforms. When I reached Sabrina, she gestured for me to get closer.

Sabrina soon had shown off her capabilities by bending a small spoon...WITHOUT touching it!

Sabrina: Psychic power can be achieved by anyone who goes beyond their own limits, not just a special kind of few. Do you think you can defeat me, with my ability to guide my Pokémon through telepathy?

Sabrina sent out Slowbro!

I sent out Charizard!

Sabrina commanded a Scald attack from Slowbro.

Cameron: Use Flamethrower!

Charizard blasted away the Scald with Flamethrower, evaporating the water.

Slowbro used Light Screen, reducing damage from special attacks.

I switched out Charizard and sent in Pikachu.

Slowbro used Psychic!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu released a Thunderbolt as hard as it could, trying to overwhelm the Light Screen!

Slowbro received a critical hit, but the damage was slightly reduced from Light Screen!

Slowbro used Scald, burning Pikachu as the move hit!

Pikachu was hurt from the burn, but is still able. I sensed a reduction in Slowbro's defense. The Light Screen dispersed!

Cameron: Use Thunder!

Pikachu used a powerful Thunder to defeat Slowbro before it used Light Screen again!

Sabrina's face sharpened as she saw her beaten Slowbro. She returned Slowbro and sent out her final Pokémon: Alakazam!

Pikachu was still able to keep going, so she stayed!

Alakazam used Psybeam!

Cameron: Incoming!

Pikachu nearly missed the Psybeam!

Cameron: Pikachu, use Iron Tail!

Pikachu ran forward for a powerful Iron Tail!

Alakazam caught Pikachu with Psychic just an inch before Pikachu attacked.

Alakazam slammed Pikachu down, defeating it...

I ran to pick up Pikachu as Sabrina pulled a small smirk.

Charizard was sent out. He was my last for the battle, so I needed to avoid close contact, save for when it has an opening.

Cameron: Charizard, use Heat Wave!

Charizard blew a gust of scorching got air at Alakazam. The move burned Alakazam.

Alakazam restored some of its vitality with Recover!

Cameron: Use Flamethrower!

Charizard damaged Alakazam with Flamethrower, and Alakazam uses Recover. I noticed a potential opening.

Cameron: Use Air Slash!!

Charizard created a slashing motion with its wings and damaged Alakazam. When it was about to use Recover...

Cameron: Quickly, use Thunder Punch!

Charizard quickly flew and slugged a Thunder Punch, defeating Alakazam!

Sabrina was surprised!

Sabrina: I...lost...

After a moment of silence, Sabrina locked eyes with me.

Sabrina: You taught me a lot from our battle, and it's that I need to learn from the Trainers that challenge the Gym and the bonds I forge with my Psychic Pokémon. I hereby award you with the Marsh Badge for your victory!

I politely thanked Sabrina for the badge and the battle. I met up with Elaine, who took on the Fighting dojo and showed me her new Hitmonlee.

Cameron: What about your Farfetch'd?

Elaine: I sent it to stay with the professor. He'll be fine.

Elaine and I were heading on our way, when suddenly...

???: Excuse me!

It was Nurse Joy!

Nurse Joy: Cameron! I heard you have six badges now. I'd like to reward you with this Pokémon.

She revealed a large, snakelike Pokémon with wings and a horn.

Nurse Joy: This is Dragonair. It used to stay with a Trainer from the Johto region, but was left at Fuchsia City. Would you like to have it?

Cameron: Yeah! Thank you, Nurse Joy!

Nurse Joy turned to leave after she gave me Dragonair's Poke Ball.

With my sixth and final Pokémon in tow, me and Elaine moved on to our second to last destination: Cinnabar Island!

End of Chapter 25