Series 5 Chapter 9: Castelia, It Has Me Now!

It was an hour after our trip to Castelia City began. We were a little bored and wanting to do something.

Rosa tugged my shirt to ask a question.

Cameron: What is it?

Rosa's Riolu told me that Rosa had been training with Trace as well and shows her result by sending out her newly evolved Swadloon!

Cameron: Whoa! Your Sewaddle evolved! You're doing a good job!

Pokédex: Swadloon, the Leaf-Wrapped Pokémon. A Bug- and Grass-type, and the evolved form of Sewaddle. Swadloon wraps itself in leaves to protect itself from the cold. It stays on the move as well, eating leaves to sustain its hunger.

Rosa hugged her Swadloon in delight!

Trace: Guys, look!

We looked on as we saw our destination: Castelia City! It was nightfall once we reached the shore, only making the city twice as beautiful!

Cameron: Shall we?

Trace: Let's do it!

We all ran off into the city! We first explored the other shorelines before taking a bite at a restaurant. We then witnessed an amazing battle at the square! I battled the next opponent and won!

On our way to the Gym, we saw a girl that had large hair and a beige dress.

???: Oh, hey there! You looking for the Gym?

Trace: Yeah.

Iris: Then you've found it! My name is Iris! Nice to meet you all!

Cameron: Thanks! I'm Cameron! The two next to me are Trace and Rosa.

Iris: I'd say good luck facing the Gym Leader, but he's not here right now.

Trace: Really? Where is he?

Iris: He's at Castelia City's sewer system. I'll lead you there.

Iris lead us to Castelia's sewers. The entrance was below us when we arrived.

Iris: It'll be hard to navigate, so you'll need a guide.

Rosa was nervous about going into the sewers, so she decided to stay.

Cameron: Don't worry. Me and Trace will have this covered!

Trace and I entered the sewers, exploring the darkness within it. It was so dark, we needed light, so we used our phones to light up the area.

Trace: How are we going to get through this place? It doesn't look like it'll be easy to navigate.

Cameron: Don't worry. We'll keep on going. Potentially, we may find some good Pokémon here!

Our hopes were answered when a wild Tympole emerged from the water.

Pokédex: Tympole, the Tadpole Pokémon. A Water-type. Tympole can create vibratory sounds by vibrating its cheeks. Though these sounds are imperceptible to humans, they use these to communicate with other Tympole.

Trace: That one is mine!

Trace sent out his Lillipup!

Tympole blasted a Mud Shot!

Trace: Use Tackle!

Lillipup charged through Mud Shot and successfully landed a hit with Tackle!

Trace: Now, Shock Wave!

Lillipup blasted a electric burst of energy, knocking out Tympole!

Trace threw a Poké Ball and successfully caught Tympole!

Trace: Four in a row!

Cameron: Nice job! Now, let's keep looking for Burgh.

As we continued on through the sewers, we suddenly bumped into two figures. The light of our phones revealed the identities of the figures: Team Plasma Grunts!

Cameron: Not you guys again!

Grunt A: You think you're the only one who's upset that you're here. We're stuck here because of these gross sewers!

Cameron: Then we'll make sure you're right at home!

???: No need.

We all turned to the voice, and a man with green clothing appeared.

Burgh: Burgh, at your service.

Grunt B: We should get out of here. That guy's a Gym Leader. He stopped us two years ago, too!

The first Grunt scowled at us before leaving.

Burgh: Are you two alright?

Cameron: Yeah, thanks to you. Me and my friend came down here to look for you.

Burgh: I'm guessing one of you are challengers to my Gym?

Trace: Cameron's your challenger.

Burgh smiled before turning and heading off.

Burgh: Then follow me.

We emerged from the sewers, where Rosa and Iris were waiting for us.

Iris: You guys made it!

Cameron: Where were you?!

Iris: Rosa didn't want me to leave, so I kept her company. What's wrong with that?

Trace: No problem. We were just confused as to why you weren't with us.

Burgh listened on to our conversation before taking a small look at Rosa.

Burgh: You look like a delightful young Trainer.

Rosa blushed a little.

Burgh: How about I take a look at one of your Pokémon?

Rosa sent out both Swadloon and Riolu.

Burgh looked at Swadloon with an enlightened face.

Burgh: Your Swadloon is very strong!

Rosa was surprised to hear that! She tilted her head as to why and how did he know?

Burgh: I am a Bug-type Gym Leader. I have good insight in Bug-type Pokémon.

Swadloon was curious as well. Burgh soon had a idea on mind.

Burgh: Rosa, I challenge you and Swadloon to a Pokémon battle!

Cameron: Say what?!

Trace: Whoa! A battle with a Gym Leader! This is exciting! What do you say, Rosa?

Rosa was nervous, but felt excited as well. So she agreed.

Burgh: Excellent! Meet me at the Gym.

This is exciting! Rosa's first battle in ages! We can't miss this!

End of Chapter 9