Series 4 Chapter 19: Crasher Wake's Big Boom!

As we headed toward Pastoria City's Gym, I worked out what Pokémon I'd using.

Prinplup jumped out of its ball in excitement!

Cameron: Sorry, Prinplup. Not this time.

Prinplup frowned after my statement.

As we got into the Gym, we saw a massive pool between us and the Gym Leader.

Crasher Wake: Hey, there! Welcome to Pastoria City's Pokémon Gym! Crasher Wake's the name, and battling is my game! Cross this very pool with a Water Pokémon, and you earn a battle with me.

Prinplup jumped into the water and got settled.

Cameron: Okay, then. I might as well!

I wrapped a rope around Prinplup as I got in the water.

Cameron: Ready, Prinplup?

The Penguin Pokémon immediately shot off to answer my question! Prinplup was going so fast, I was beginning to lose my grip on the rope!

Cameron: Prinplup, slow down!

As Prinplup crossed a barrier, a whirlpool began to form! Prinplup was beginning to get drawn into the vortex, and I was weighing it down!

Cameron: Come on, Prinplup! You can do it!

Prinplup used its flippers to increase speed, escaping the whirlpool and reaching Crasher Wake!

Crasher Wake: Hahaha! That Prinplup is definitely a fighter. I like that. Now, let's get this bout going!

I quickly mellowed over my mind which Pokémon I was using for Crasher Wake's Water-type Pokémon. As I made up my mind, Crasher Wake sent out a Gyarados!

Cameron: A Gyarados?! Surprising, but we can work through that!

My first Pokémon was...Prinplup! I was happy for Prinplup when it finished the challenge, so I decided to let it battle!

Crasher Wake: Already? Well, then, let's get to it! Gyarados, Ice Fang!

Gyarados prepared to snare an Ice Fang!

Cameron: Block it with Metal Claw!

Prinplup reacted to and blocked Ice Fang with Metal Claw, crossing its flippers together in the process!

Cameron: Don't hold back the pressure! Water Pulse!

Prinplup disoriented Gyarados by firing a Water Pulse at its face!

Cameron: Now, use Drill Peck!

Prinplup scored a heavy hit with Drill Peck!

Crasher Wake: We won't let you score another hit like that! Use Hydro Pump!

Gyarados prepared to fire a Hydro Pump!

Cameron: Quick! Get in the water!

Prinplup dove in and swam around to dodge Hydro Pump! Once Gyarados fired the attack, the impact caused a heavy splash, launching Prinplup out!

Crasher Wake: Let's finish this! Aqua Tail!

Gyarados knocked Prinplup across the pool with Aqua Tail, knocking it out!

Crasher Wake: Nice try! Let's see if you got the stuff to beat me!

Cameron: Pikachu. You're up!

Pikachu nodded and jumped off my shoulder and onto the field!

Crasher Wake: A Pikachu, huh? We know how to deal with type disadvantages. Gyarados, Earthquake!

Cameron: Jump!