Series 2 Chapter 23: The Wrath of the Red Gyarados!

We raced from Mahogany Town to the source of the roar. It happened to come from an unusually colored Gyarados at the Lake of Rage!

The Gyarados was destroying everything near it! We needed to appease it before it causes horrible damage.

Me and Whitney sent in our partners, while Ethan and Kris used their new Pokémon: Tyrouge and Phanpy.

Before we attempted to attack, the Gyarados knocked me away with Aqua Tail!

I landed in a cave next to a mountain. When I woke up, I saw a Tyranitar as it roared in my face!

I jerked back and ran out of the cave and back to the Lake! When I did, everyone was overwhelmed by Gyarados!

Ethan: This Gyarados is too strong!

I went towards the lake to fight Gyarados!

Cameron: Pikachu, use Electro Ball!

Pikachu fired an Electro Ball!

Gyarados blasted a Hyper Beam!

Pikachu barely missed the attack!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt!

Gyarados retaliated with Hydro Pump!

The Hydro Pump defeated Pikachu!

Out of hope, I was going to run, but a Rock Slide attack came out of nowhere! It was the Tyranitar from the cave. She also had a small Larvitar with her.

Gyarados attacked with Aqua Tail, but Tyranitar grabbed its tail and slammed it onto land, temporarily dazing it.

Cameron: Ethan, now!

Ethan, slightly recovered, threw an Ultra Ball and caught Gyarados!

After leaving the lake, an old man explained how the Gyarados ended up at the lake.

Old Man: That Gyarados was abandoned by its former Trainer, so it's been taking out its sorrow on travelers. I'm glad you caught Gyarados!

Cameron: It was thanks to a mother Tyranitar.

I was happy Tyranitar came to help, but was a bit disappointed it left. On the bright side, I hope she and her baby can be willing to come out and speak someday.

End of Chapter 23