Series 2 Chapter 1: The Johto Journey Begins!

After what seemed to be a impactful night, I woke up in a bedroom. I did remember that Dragonite was struck down in the storm. I had to find her and Pikachu!

I went downstairs and entered a lab. A man wearing glasses stepped up to face my worried expression.

???: Are you okay? You had one heck of a landing.

Cameron: Who...

???: Who am I? Sorry, I forget to introduce myself. I am Professor Elm, the Johto region's devoted Pokémon professor.

Cameron: I made it. Wait, where are my Pokémon??

Professor Elm: Don't worry. Your Pikachu and Dragonite have been nursed back to perfect health.

Cameron: Where am I?

Professor Elm: You're in New Bark Town, just off the border of Kanto.

Cameron: Sorry. I was planning to fly here. I was wanting to start my journey here.

Professor Elm: I do recognize you! You're Kanto's Pokémon League Champion!

Cameron: Yeah, yeah. Don't wear it out.
Can I see my Pokémon?

Professor Elm: Of course. They're right outside!

I went outside of Professor Elm's lab and saw a sight twice as beautiful than Pallet Town's: Windmills turning, leaves blowing, and the morning sun shining upon the town. I saw Pikachu and Dragonite, rejoicing for my presence!

Pikachu hopped right back onto my shoulder.

Professor Elm: Now that you've got your team together again, I've got something to show you.

In his lab, Professor Elm gestured me to a table, where three Pokémon sat.

Professor Elm: These are the Johto region's starter Pokémon: The Grass-type Chikorita, the Fire-type Cyndaquil, and the Water-type Totodile!

All three Pokémon waved at me!

Professor Elm: Though they are only for rookie trainers, I wouldn't mind if you took one along on your journey. Take your pick...

Upon all three, I decided on the cute Chikorita!

Professor Elm: Nice choice. Chikorita is a very ambitious Pokémon.

Cameron: Cool! Ambition is my cup of tea.

Chikorita wagged her leaf in approval.

Professor Elm: Well, Cameron, I wish you luck on your journey through Johto! Take good care of Chikorita.

Cameron: I will. Thanks for everything, professor!

I ran ahead to the nearby route to start my trek through Johto!

Let the Johto Journeys begin at last!

End of Chapter 1