Series 3 Chapter 4: The Fiery Magma!

After leaving Petalburg City, we headed past the first half of Route 104 before reaching...

Cameron: Petalburg Woods...

I looked at the map of Hoenn on my phone, and looked at the place itself. It looks big. And dark.

We stepped inside the forest, where Bug Catchers waited and searched for bug Pokémon. Recently, Brendan joined for a while and made friends with them.

After Brendan bid his friends goodbye, we ran into a scientist who was looking for something. We stepped up to ask him.

Scientist: Excuse me? Have you seen a Pokémon called Shroomish? I really like that Pokémon.

As he spoke, a man in a red hoodie walked over and intruded the conversation.

Team Magma Grunt: I was going to ambush you, but you HAD to dawdle in these woods forever, did you? Now hand over those pricey goods you git there!

The scientist panicked and hid behind us!

Scientist: You three are Pokémon Trainers, aren't you? You have to help me!

The Grunt sent out a Poochyena!

I sent out my battle-ready Treecko! The Pokémon soon took an offensive stance against the Dark-type!

Cameron: Use Quick Attack!

Treecko ran on all fours and zipped from side to side!

Team Magma Grunt: Use Bite!

Poochyena ran to Treecko and attempted to bite it!

Cameron: Dodge it and use Bullet Seed!

Treecko dodged the attack and blasted a barrage of seeds at Poochyena!

The Bite Pokémon shook off the attack and barked!

Team Magma Grunt: Use Tackle!

The Poochyena charged at Treecko!

Cameron: Pound!

Treecko defeated the dog Pokémon with a single pound of its tail!

After returning his defeated Pokémon, the dude ran away!

Team Magma Grunt: Fine! You may have won, but it's a good thing we have something we're after in Rustboro, too!

Scientist: Thank you so much! Thanks to you, he didn't rob me of these important papers. Now that I think about it, didn't that guy say he was after something in Rustboro as well?

After a silent thought...

Scientist: Oh no! It's a crisis!! I can't be waisting time!

The scientist quickly ran out of Petalburg Woods.

We shrugged and continued on.

End of Chapter 4