Series 2 Chapter 3: A Flighty Rescue!

Route 30 was filled with tough Trainers, but I managed to give them the boot. As we headed down the route, we heard something weird...

Cameron: Is that...buzzing?

Ethan: Should we check it out?

I reluctantly nodded as we headed into the forest. As we stopped at a small forest clearing, we saw a nest of Beedrill. To our left was a flock of Pidgey, Pidgeotto, and Pidgeot. The leader Pidgeot attacked the Beedrill nest. The Beedrill soon saw the birds coming and attacked as well.

Are those Pokémon at war??

In the heat of the fight, a small Pidgey was shot out of the sky after getting poisoned by a Beedrill's Twineedle attack!

I ran to the field and caught Pidgey with my hat before it hit the ground!

The Pidgey woke up and wanted to return to the war, but the poison weakened it.

Cameron: We need to help it.

Ethan: Hang on...

Ethan pulled a Pecha Berry from his bag.

Ethan: Use this!

I took the berry and convinced Pidgey to eat it. It didn't take long for it to be fully revitalized.

Cameron: You okay?

Pidgey flew off of my hat as a sign it is fine. But, when it was about to fly away and rejoin its flock, it only sat. I put my finger on Pidgey's back and felt it shake. It's scared. Scared of the war.

I felt Pidgey's fear and sat down to reassure it. Maybe he could understand me.

Cameron: I know you're afraid. I noticed you didn't want to go back to the battle. If you could, you could stop that war with your own two wings. If not yet, work up the courage.

Pidgey took a minute and speedily flew off!

Cameron: Is he really going to stop the war?

Pidgey flew up, going head-on towards a clash between the leader Pidgeot and the Beedrill queen!

Once Pidgey got between them, it used Gust to push them away!

Pidgey negotiated with its flock leader and the Beedrill queen. After a few minutes, Pidgeot and Beedrill agreed.

Pidgey managed to end the war on good terms!

After the two species begin their peaceful coexistence, I was impressed and dumbfounded. A Pidgey managed to end an interspecies war.

Pidgey happily landed on my other shoulder and rubbed its head on my face.

Cameron: I'm impressed. You did more than stop a war. You brought peace to this forest. I'm happy I met such a brave Pokémon.

Pidgey nodded. As we turned to leave, Pidgey flew in front of us blocked the path with its wings.

After a short second, Ethan realized why Pidgey didn't let us leave.

Ethan: It wants to join your team!

Pidgey nodded at Ethan's assumption.

I got really happy. Pidgey must want to experience battling with a Trainer. Or it wanted to repay me for giving it courage. Either way, I pulled out a Poké Ball and tossed it at Pidgey. After one, two, three vibrations, the ball signaled the catch with a click!

I delightfully sent out Pidgey, who perched atop my head.

Cameron: Welcome to the group, Pidgey.

End of Chapter 3