Series 3 Chapter 11: The Venture for Steven!

Once we reached Granite Cave, a hiker warned us of the cave turning pitch-black upon going deep, so he gave us a flashlight.

Once we ventured into the deeper floor of the cave...

Brendan: Stay close, everyone. Anything could happen...

We explored the cave as we stuck together. We saw a Sableye excavating minerals to eat, a Zubat sleeping on the ceiling, and a pair of Geodude fighting.

After running into a large cave, we saw Steven. The man was examining a monument depicting two Pokémon in a devastating battle.

Steven turned when he noticed us.

Steven: Hello. I see you're curious about this monument. I was coming to Granite Cave often to think over this mysterious event depicted on this stone wall. I wonder if the Pokémon on the depiction exist...

Steven trailed off as he kept examining the depiction.

Cameron: The reason we came here was to look for you. We have a letter from Devon Co.'s president.

Steven retrieved the letter from my hand.

After reading the letter, Steven chuckled.

Steven: I'll be right on it, father.

We exchanged looks before seeing Steven leave.

We gave away the letter. Now we need to get out of the cave.

Once we stepped out of the monument's area, a wild Aron appeared and faced Brendan.

Brendan sent out Marshtomp.

Brendan: Use Rock Slide!

Marshtomp stomped rocks out of the ground and flung them at the wild Aron! The little Pokémon smashed them away with Iron Tail!

Cameron: Iron Tail? That Aron's a tough fighter!

Brendan: We aren't going to lose because of that. Mud Bomb!

Marshtomp flung a ball of mud at Aron! The move was super-effective, and Aron was defeated! Brendan threw a Poké Ball and caught it before it escaped!

Brendan sent Aron back out and the Pokémon headbutted him in the stomach. It still had a bit of fight left.

Cameron: I'll help you whip him into shape.

Brendan: Thanks, Cameron...

After leaving Granite Cave, Pikachu and Aron battled it out. After a while, Aron got tired and went to sleep.

Brendan: It worked!

Cameron: You need a few training sessions with Aron to gain its respect. You should join my training regimens. It's long, but we treat each other fair.

Brendan: That sounds like a plan.

After telling Mr. Briney of our next destination, we were on our way to Slateport City!

End of Chapter 11