Series 2 Chapter 27: The Test of a Trainer's Bond! Part 1

We entered Blackthorn City's Gym, and encountered the Gym's challenge: Cross the river of lava on a platform whilst battling Dragon Tamers at some of those said platforms. The task was profoundly easy, thanks to our intensive training yesterday!

But the Gym Leader waiting for us was a real surprise: Clair, the Trainer I spoke to yesterday!

Clair: Surprised? I'm Blackthorn City's prized Gym Leader and strongest out of Johto's Gym Leaders. Ready to take me on?

I courageously nodded as Clair took her place at the field. She sent out her first Pokémon: Seadra.

I sent in Pidgeot for the battle!

Cameron: Pidgeot, use Double Team!

Pidgeot multiplied itself to confuse Seadra, but...

Clair: Use Blizzard!

Seadra blasted a howling blizzard from its nozzle-shaped mouth. The copies disappeared, but Pidgeot flew up when the move was unleashed!

Cameron: Use Hurricane!

Pidgeot streched its wings and blew violent winds at Seadra! Pidgeot changed the move's direction with its wings and confused Seadra!

Cameron: Now's our chance! Use Sky Attack!

Pidgeot enveloped itself in a harsh light and charged up a Sky Attack!

Clair: Don't let the attack finish! Use Blizzard!

Seadra used another Blizzard attack, but Pidgeot withstood it! The move was finished charging as Pidgeot charged forward, with every ounce of its power, at Seadra!

Clair: Not yet! Use Waterfall!

Seadra cloaked itself with water and charged at Pidgeot! As the two kept their own in the struggle, the moves soon caused an explosion! Upon that, both Pokémon landed back first, completely drained of energy!

This one is a stalemate. Only one left for the win.

Clair: You may have beaten Seadra, but no other Trainer has gotten past this one!

She sent out a Pokémon that was large and intimidating at the same time: a Dragonite!

Cameron: Pikachu, this one is all you!

Pikachu excitedly ran onto the field after dismounting my shoulder!

Clair: Use Roar!

Clair's Dragonite belted out a roar, forcing Pikachu out of battle and dragging out Larvitar instead!

Larvitar took in its opponent with ready eyes.

Clair: This will be easy! Use Aqua Tail!

Dragonite readied an Aqua Tail!

Cameron: Use Chip Away!

Larvitar sharpened its claws and shot itself toward Dragonite! The two began a physical battle of strength, showing off the true potential of both battling Pokémon!

Clair: Use Twister!

Cameron: Use Rock Slide!

Larvitar pulled a Rock Slide just as Dragonite created a vortex of draconic energy! The Rock Slide dealt super-effective damage on Dragonite, cancelling the Twister and nearly putting Dragonite at its limit.

Clair: No way! I won't lose now! Use Outrage!

Dragonite's eyes turned red as it began its overpowered attack!

Cameron: Look out!

Larvitar dodged the oncoming attack!

Cameron: Use Dark Pulse!

Larvitar blasted a pulsating beam of darkness at Dragonite, damaging it further!

Dragonite managed to land a hit on Larvitar, nearly putting it out.

Clair was beginning to be prideful of her Dragonite, knowing one more attack can give her the win.

Cameron: Use Hyper Beam!

Larvitar gathered its energy and blasted a powerful Hyper Beam! The move overwhelmed and defeated Dragonite! Larvitar, tired but vigilant, stood and waited. After a while, Dragonite fell! We won!

Clair, completely flabbergasted at the outcome, started to pace from side to side.

Clair: No way, no way! How could I lose? This must be a joke, a fluke, a fiasco!?

She stomped over to me!

Clair: Don't think you've earned that badge yet! I'm giving you one last challenge!

Oh, boy... What has she got in store for me?

End of Chapter 27