Series 2 Chapter 16: The Story of the Burned Tower!

After getting past the "tree", we finally arrived at Ecruteak City, where we went to visit the Gym Leader, but he wasn't there. As we explored the town, we saw a mysterious tower. It was revered, but it's completely burned to the ground.

As we went in, we saw the Gym Leader. He had a Gengar by his side as he examined the area.

Cameron: Excuse me, but are you...

Morty: Yes. I'm the Gym Leader here. The name is Morty. You are?

We introduced each other one by one.

Morty: I see. I believe you're curious about this tower.

We all nodded.

Whitney: We are.

And so, Morty began with an amazing story that left us amazed:

"Long, long ago, the people of Johto built two towers. The Brass Tower, which is this very place, and the Tin Tower. One day, during a dangerous thunderstorm, the Brass Tower was struck and caught on fire. Within it, three nameless Pokémon hopelessly perished in the flames. After the fire died out, the people of Johto prayed for the Pokémon's safety. And one being answered its call. A massive bird Pokémon with wings larger than a Fearow and rainbow plumage came down from above and used its power to revive the Pokémon. They gained new forms, and are known as Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. Upon their reemergence, the people had shunned them and driven them away. The bird Pokémon, Ho-Oh, disappeared along with the three Pokémon, and were never seen again..."

After Morty was finished, he saw all four of us with perplexed faces!

We were amazed at the story!

Cameron: What are you doing here anyway?

Morty: I'm helping a friend of mine with something. He's looking for Suicune.

Cameron: Why Suicune? Wasn't it driven away?

Morty: He believes it's still here. Being the friend I am, I helped him look.

Cameron: Let us help. You won't regret it!

And so, we searched for any sign of Suicune. We looked everywhere in the tower, to no avail. As I looked around, I saw a pair of eyes in the dark, but as it stepped forward, a hole below me sent me plunging into a cellar. Upon my landing, I saw the same pair of eyes. When the figure steppes closer. It was...Suicune! The Pokémon stared at me for a little longer. When everyone else came down, Suicune fled!

Morty: Was that...?

Cameron: It was.

After the events of today, I felt as if I needed to rest. And so, Whitney volunteered to carry me to the Pokémon Center.

Whitney: Cameron.

I faced Whitney as she beckoned.

Whitney: I wanted to...well...

I tilted my head in confusion as she stopped.

Upon seeing my confused face, Whitney blushed!

Whitney: Never mind! We can talk about it later.

I decided to drop my curiosity as we reached the center.

I hope some rest can fix me up for the Gym battle.

End of Chapter 16