Series 4 Chapter 3: A Blazing Battle of Truth and Trust!

After two hours of walking, we managed to reach Jubilife City. During our trip, Dawn caught a Kricketot. Elaine was still looking for a Pokémon herself.

Cameron: Man, I never knew this city was so big!

Jubilife City was a bustling town! It had everything!

First, we saw a broadcasting tower that filmed interviews for up-and-coming Trainers. Next, we went into a Pokémon Contest Hall, where Elaine won her very first Pokémon Contest with Evo!

On our way to the Pokémon Center, a man wearing a leather jacket was jumping behind buildings with a Croagunk.

Cameron: Uh...?

Dawn: Who are you?

The man turned to us and got surprised!

???: Sorry! Croagunk and I were patrolling the city.

Pokédex: Croagunk, the Toxic Mouth Pokémon. A Poison- and Fighting-type. This Pokémon exhales poisonous air by inflating its poison sacs. With its enemies disoriented, it attacks from behind using Poison Jab!

Croagunk crossed its arms and nodded.

Looker: My name is Looker. I am a member of the International Police. This is Gunky, which is this Croagunk.

Gunky smiled at its acknowledgement.

Cameron: I'm Cameron. This is Elaine and Dawn.

Looker: Glad to meet you three. The reason I am here is because a team of thugs have taken rise in Sinnoh. They are known as Team Galactic.

Cameron: Really? I never knew criminal problems arose in Sinnoh as well.

Looker: It sure has. You kids keep a good eye out for Team Galactic, and be safe.

Elaine: We will! Thank you!

Looker and Gunky got back to their patrol, as we continued our trip around the city. A nearby battlefield in a park was crowded. When we saw who was battling, it was a blonde woman and her Garchomp.

Cameron: Who is that?

Barry popped out of nowhere, surprising us!

Barry: That's Cynthia! She is the Pokémon League Champion in this region! That Garchomp's her partner.

Pokédex: Garchomp, the Mach Pokémon. A Dragon- and Ground-type. Garchomp adjusts its body posture when gliding, making it go at the speed of a jet plane! This Pokémon uses its speed to intercept prey.

Cynthia: Garchomp, use Dragon Claw!

Garchomp defeated a Trainer's Gengar with Dragon Claw!

Cynthia: Good girl, Garchomp! Anyone who wants to battle next?

I rose my hand before anyone else!

Cameron: I do!

Cynthia was surprised, but agreed to the battle.

Cameron: Pikachu, let's go!

Pikachu landed onto the field on all fours!

Cynthia: Let's take Pikachu down before it attacks! Garchomp, use Earthquake!

Garchomp's stomped the ground, causing a massive tremor! Luckily, Pikachu jumped up, successfully avoiding the Earthquake!

Cameron: Use Mega Kick!

Pikachu launched a Mega Kick from midair!

Cynthia: Garchomp, Dragon Rush!

Garchomp charged toward Pikachu with Dragon Rush! The Mach Pokémon overpowered Pikachu and appeared above it!

Cynthia: Use Dragon Tail to finish it!

Garchomp's incredible power was too much for Pikachu and was defeated!

Cameron: Pikachu!

I ran over to pick up my partner.

Cynthia: That battle was exciting! Your Pikachu us tough, but a good number of battles, as well as a dose of friendship, will give a nice boost of power.

I thanked Cynthia for her advice and walked away.

Elaine: You did a good job!

Dawn: Cynthia is so powerful!

Cameron: You can say that again. Maybe I should get started on challenging Gyms. Where's the closest one?

Elaine: Oreburgh City has a Gym. It's east from here.

Cameron: Then let's start there!

After leaving Jubilife City, we walked on for a while until we reached Oreburgh Tunnel. Before it was a man wearing a blue hat and shirt.

???: All these Pokémon sure are good for training. Let's get started.

End of Chapter 3