Series 2 Chapter 13: Whitney The Pretty Girl!

After arriving at Goldenrod City's Pokémon Gym with Whitney, she stepped in before me. After I went in, I saw a whole setup of lights. A light above me followed as I took my place in the battlefield.

Whitney: I'm pretty tough. Just a final warning before we battle.

I took consideration of her warning as we sent out our Pokémon. Whitney sent out Aipom and I sent in Steelix!

Whitney: Aipom, use Iron Tail!

Aipom hardened its tail and went in to attack Steelix!

Cameron: Steelix, Iron Tail as well!

Steelix easily broke Aipom's Iron Tail with its own!

Whitney: Use Shadow Ball!

Aipom fired a ball of spectral force at Steelix!

Cameron: Hyper Beam!

Steelix fired a devastating Hyper Beam, but Aipom dodged!

Whitney: Use Low Kick!

Aipom kicked Steelix down low, heavily damaging it!

Cameron: Autotomize!

Steelix gained speed and lowers its weight as well with Autotomize!

Whitney: Use Low Kick!

Aipom scored another Low Kick, but it didn't do as much damage due to Steelix's reduced weight.

Cameron: Use Hyper Beam!

Steelix readied a Hyper Beam!

Whitney: Don't let it hit!

Aipom ran around, making sure Steelix's Hyper Beam can miss!

Steelix wrapped Aipom with its snake-like body and finished it with Hyper Beam!

Whitney was impressed, but she wasn't giving up. She sent in her final Pokémon: Miltank!

I recalled Steelix and sent in Pikachu!

Whitney: Miltank, use Wake-Up Slap!

Miltank slapped Pikachu, giving it a hard rash!

Cameron: Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu zapped Miltank with Thunderbolt!

Miltank soon broke free and shook off the damage!

Cameron: Use Quick Attack!

Pikachu charged forward at full speed!

Whitney: Use Rollout!

Miltank began to roll. After Pikachu dodged, Miltank increased speed. Miltank was soon going so fast, Pikachu couldn't dodge anymore!

Miltank jumped up to hit Pikachu from midair!

Cameron: Use Electro Ball!

Pikachu used Electro Ball to clash with Rollout! The moves collided into a powerful explosion upon impact.

After a short few seconds, Miltank and Pikachu emerged and fell downward from the smoke. After a minute of waiting, Pikachu came to and stood up on all fours, declaring me the winner.

Whitney was a little sad at the loss, so she sat and quietly began to cry. I felt a little bad, so I sat with her and helped calm her down.

Whitney: Sorry, I just, react a little badly to losses...

Cameron: It's cool. Deep down, I'd be the same way if I ever lost to a strong Trainer.

Whitney felt a little better and gazed at me as I closed my eyes and cleared my head.

Cameron: I always do this when I feel conflicted.

Whitney decided to join me as we relaxed. After a minute, she gave me my third badge, the Plain Badge.

Whitney: I forgot to give this to you.

I did take the badge, but I took another minute with Whitney before I stood up.

Cameron: Well...I should be going.

Whitney: Right...

We calmly said our goodbyes before I left to find Ethan and Kris. Before I turned the corner, Whitney caught up to me.

Whitney: Wait!

I surprisedly turned as she ran and stopped in front of me. After she caught her breath, she said words I was surprised to hear.

Whitney: I want to come with you!

Cameron: Wha...??

Whitney: Don't worry. I got a substitute to watch the Gym in my absence. Can...I come with you and your friends.

I thought it over...

I would...but what is her reason to do so?

Cameron: Why do you want to come with?

Whitney: I felt...happy when you sat with me and calmed me down. No person ever did that with me. I want to return the favor, so can I come with you guys?

Cameron: I'd love for you to join us! That's what friends are for, after all!

Whitney smiled at my answer as she walked with me to find Ethan and Kris.

Who knew we would gain a new travel buddy? Things are going to be way more fun with Whitney joining us.

End of Chapter 13