Series 5 Chapter 6: Rosa's Connection!

En route to Virbank City, we took a small detour at Floccesy Ranch, which houses rare Pokémon.

Trace: This may be an opportunity to catch a Pokémon!

Rosa agreed. She wanted to find a new friend for her two Pokémon, and this was her chance!

Along the way, we saw Hugh exploring the ranch.

Trace: Hugh? What are you doing here?

Hugh: Same reason as all of you.

He looked at each of us as if he was reading how tough we were. Then, he suddenly pointed at me!

Hugh: Battle. Right here, right now.

Cameron: Uh, okay!

Hugh sent out a Tranquill!

Pokédex: Tranquill, the Wild Pigeon Pokémon. A Normal- and Flying-type, and the evolved form of Pidove. Tranquill can easily find its way back to its Trainer's side, no matter how far it had gone. Their impeccable memory makes them perfect as delivery partners.

I sent out Pidove to face its evolved form!

Cameron: Pidove, Quick Attack!

Pidove stared off with Quick Attack!

Hugh: Dodge it and use Razor Wind!

Tranquill dodged the attack and struck Pidove with a powerful Razor Wind!

Cameron: Shrug it away with Gust!

Pidove blew Razor Wind away with Gust!

Cameron: Now, use Sky Attack!

Pidove began charging Sky Attack!

Hugh: Use Steel Wing!

Tranquill readied Steel Wing to clash against Sky Attack! Pidove finished charging the attack and launched it!

Tranquill held Pidove back with Steel Wing! Pidove was so determined to beat its evolved form, its wings began to glow before it fired a heavy gust of air! Then, quick slashes appeared, causing a critical hit! Pidove learned Air Cutter!

Cameron: Nice move! Do it again! Air Cutter!

Pidove used Air Cutter once again!

Hugh: Stop it with Razor Wind!

Air Cutter was cancelled out and overpowered by Razor Wind! The attack kept going, taking out Pidove!

Cameron: Pidove!

I caught Pidove before it hit the ground!

Cameron: Got you!

Pidove thanked me for the save by shuffling to its feet and rubbing me.

Hugh: That battle sure was exciting! You gave Tranquill a run for his money.

Cameron: Pidove is tougher than you think. Let's hope we can get a win the next time we meet.

Hugh: I'll see to it.

Hugh left the ranch soon after. We soon started looking around for Pokémon. I did see a lot of Mareep nearby. Trace managed to find and catch a Rufflet, but Rosa still had trouble.

Suddenly, a wild Riolu walked by and stopped when it saw Rosa.

Pokédex: Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon. A Fighting-type, and the pre-evolution of Lucario. Riolu can sense the aura of people and Pokémon, although it can't emanate its own. Its aura acts on emotion, intensifying depending on strong feelings.

Rosa and Riolu kept looking at one another. They felt like they knew each other.

Riolu kept looking until it sped off!

Cameron: Hang on!

We followed Riolu into the forest, where it suddenly stopped as if it heard something. It then kept going until we ran into a man wearing a black jumpsuit and hat with a weird symbol.

???: Huh? Who are you?

Cameron: We should be asking the same thing.

Team Plasma Grunt: I am a member of Team Plasma. We went defunct two years ago by some meddlesome Trainer, and now we're back and badder than ever. You want to face me, you'd better be prepared to face a Los you'll never forget.

Me, Trace and Rosa had our Pokémon at the ready. Pikachu was starting to charge up a Thunderbolt.

Team Plasma Grunt: On second thought, I'll go.

The grunt ran away quickly!

Cameron: That must be what Riolu was looking for. That Pokémon is a real hero.

Riolu stepped out of a bush after my statement. It looked at Rosa as it stepped closer. Rosa got a little nervous as Riolu slowly stepped toward her.

I gave Rosa a Poké Ball.

Cameron: I know where this is going.

Rosa was astonished, but picked up the Poké Ball. She gently tossed it at Riolu, successfully catching it!

Cameron: You did it, Rosa!

Rosa smiled a bit, letting out her new Riolu! Suddenly, me and Trace heard a voice.

???: Rosa thanks you for becoming her friends.

Cameron: What was that?

Riolu: This is Riolu. I read my Trainer's aura and learned that she is socially anxious. I can help you in case there is something she wants to say.

Cameron: Thanks, Riolu.

Trace: But the real question: who is Team Plasma?

Riolu: I read the man's aura. What he had said was the truth. Team Plasma had gone defunct two years ago by a Trainer. Now, they're back for conquest.

Cameron: Then, we'd better be ready for them. In any way we can.

Rosa nodded.

Trace: Sweet speech. Shall we get to Virbank City?

Cameron: Yeah. It's pretty close at this point.

And so, we left the ranch as we continued on to Virbank City. Team Plasma could be a real deal, so we'd better be prepared.

End of Chapter 6