Series 4 Chapter 9: Oh, the Horror!

As we aimlessly wandered Eterna Forest, I was completely dejected. I lost to Barry in our battle.

Dawn: I can't believe you lost to Barry!

Cameron: I already feel like dirt...

Dawn: Sorry.

Elaine: Don't blame yourself. It was just a loss.

Cameron: Yeah, you're right. Either way, I should be training. We're halfway to Eterna City.

We stepped into a wide area deep in the forest. It was completely quiet. Peaceful, but quiet.

Cameron: I never thought it would get this weird.

As we looked around, a woman and a Chansey walked up to us. She definitely looked a bit lost.

???: Hello, there. Can you all help us? Me and my Chansey are lost in this forest.

Pokédex: Chansey, the Egg Pokémon. A Normal-type. On a daily basis, Chansey lays extremely nutritious and delicious eggs that even satisfy those who have lost their appetite!

My stomach suddenly growled.

Cameron: I am really hungry.

???: We can rest out here. I cook pretty well!

And so, the girl cooked us an amazingly delicious meal for us.

Cameron: You never really told us your name?

Cheryl: Oh, dear me. I'm Cheryl. I live in Eterna City, but I got lost on my way back from shopping.

Dawn: Yeah. Anyone can get lost in this forest if they don't know where they're going.

Cameron: Yeah, we'll help you out! We're on our way to Eterna City, too.

Cheryl: Thank you all! We should be on our way before it gets dark.

We packed up and set off through the forest. We walked for almost an hour, and yet, no sign of an exit or a sign leading to one.

We soon heard thunder overhead.

Cameron: We need to find shelter.

Riley: I see a house over there.

Riley pointed to a mansion just a few meters away from us.

Dawn: That'll work!

We all ran into the mansion before the rain got worse. We looked around and saw that nobody lived here.

Cameron: At least we can sit and rest our bones until the rain stops.

Cheryl: Very well. Me and Chansey are going to explore this mansion and find something useful.

After Cheryl went to another room, I sat in an upstairs hallway, about to drift off. However, I saw a weird and creepy painting on the wall. Disturbed by it, I got up and walked down the hall, but when I turned back, the painting was gone and ended up at the wall I was leaning on!

I got a little scared and ran back downstairs!

Dawn: Something wrong?

Cameron: Oh, nothing! Just got a little surprised, that's all.

Riley: I did look around. The place is deserted. Not even Lucario could sense anyone.

Cameron: I hope this place wasn't a bad choice....

I went back upstairs and got in a guest bedroom to rest my head. After an hour, I woke up and saw a monstrous scowl on the ceiling!

I was riddled with fear, completely transfixed!