Series 3 Chapter 33: The Wrath of Groudon and Kyogre!

We were outside the cave, seeing the weather's state. It constantly shifted from sun to rain. Hoenn is officially in a state of disarray!

May: We need to find Groudon and Kyogre. We need to appease them!

Just as May finished, a news report dropped on my phone.

News Anchor: We're live at Sootopolis City, where two ancient Pokémon have appeared and started a devastating battle. Anyone experiencing shifting weather stay inside your homes.

Cameron: Now that we know where they are, we need a plan. We can't get anywhere near that battle until we find a solution.

???: I have one.

We all turned to see a girl standing nearby with a Bagon.

Zinnia: The name's Zinnia. I am a member of the Draconoids, a race of humans who worshipped a powerful being that once stopped the destructive battles of Groudon and Kyogre.

Cameron: Who is that?

Zinnia: It is known as...Rayquaza.

After hearing the Pokémon's name, Brendan was intrigued about it!

Brendan: I hope to see it. My dad would love the research.

Zinnia: I'm sorry, but no one can know about the Draconoids, so put that research out of the way.

Brendan agreed, but was visibly disappointed.

Zinnia sent out a Flygon and led us to her home.

Zinnia: Welcome to the Sky Pillar. This area is where we can summon Rayquaza. We can land at the summit.

Once we stopped at the top of the Sky Pillar, Zinnia felt a sharp sense of power coming from my bag.

Zinnia: I feel something coming from you. Check your bag.

I rummaged my bag and pulled out the Meteorite I picked up at Mt. Chimney.

Zinnia: That. That Meteorite is what we need.

I tilted my head in confusion. Before I could ask, Zinnia took the Meteorite from my hands and went to the large altar in the middle of the pillar.

Zinnia raised the Meteorite, and a pulsating aura emanates from it. After a blinding light obscured our view, the Meteorite was gone from Zinnia's hand when it settled.

The cause of its disappearance was none other than Rayquaza.

The Sky High Pokémon studied all of us, settling its sharp look on Zinnia.

Zinnia: Rayquaza. Groudon and Kyogre have returned and are once again shaking the entire world with their battle. We need you to stop them before Hoenn's balance of nature is disrupted.

Rayquaza only stared at Zinnia.

Cameron: I see...Rayquaza won't help us if we prove that its respect is deserved.

Rayquaza ascended and prepared for battle!

Cameron: I'm taking this one as well!

Zinnia nodded and sent her Bagon to battle.

Rayquaza increased its attack power and speed with Dragon Dance!

Cameron: Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!

Zinnia: Bagon, use Dragon Breath!

The two Pokémon fired their moves at full force!

Rayquaza attacked back with Hyper Beam, knocking Pikachu back, but defeating Bagon!

It's up to me now!

Cameron: Use Electro Ball!

Pikachu shot an Electro Ball!

Rayquaza dodged the attack and fired a Dragon Pulse!

Pikachu dodged as well!

Cameron: Iron Tail!

Pikachu slammed an Iron Tail on Rayquaza's head.

Rayquaza blew Pikachu away and took a long look at us. The Legendary Pokémon nodded in approval.

Cameron: We earned its respect. Rayquaza's on our side.

Everyone cheered, while Zinnia sat quietly. I walked over to ask what was wrong.

Zinnia: I never knew that spending so much time up here left me a little inexperienced. I want to train, but I can't leave.

Cameron: Train as much as you want. If you want to become stronger, battle other Trainers. Only a strong bond, as well as a sharp mind, can give you experience.

Zinnia, moved by my words, perked up and thanked me with a prominent handshake.

Zinnia: Let's save Hoenn.

Cameron: Agreed.

We all rode to Sootopolis City, while Rayquaza took off, and saw a devastating sight: Groudon and Kyogre, in a completely different form, have caused massive damage to the water area, but the people have evacuated.

Cameron: We need to get their attention. Once we keep them held off, Rayquaza will finish the job!

Everyone nodded and sprung to action!

Cameron: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

Brendan: Swampert, Hydro Cannon!

May: Blaziken, Brave Bird!

Elaine: Evo, use Shadow Ball!

Zinnia: Flygon, Draco Meteor!

All five Pokémon fired their moves, combining into a powerful attack!

Once we got the Pokémon's attention, they attacked immediately!

Cameron: Scatter!

Everyone quickly split up, avoiding the attack!

Groudon and Kyogre continued their relentless attacks, as we thinly avoid them as well!

I kept running and hid in a small ravine. However, Groudon saw where I was and readied an attack!

Luckily for us, Rayquaza appeared right on time! When Groudon and Kyogre saw it, their rampage abruptly stopped.

Rayquaza sent the two Legends packing with only a mighty roar!

After Groudon and Kyogre sank into the water, the weather was back to normal. We saved the Hoenn region!

After the residents of Sootopolis stepped out of their homes, they all cheered and congratulated us for our efforts.

A man with a Milotic of his own came to speak to us.

???: You all are amazing! Being brave enough to face the Legendary Pokémon took willpower, and I praise you for efforts.

I smiled at his compliment.

Cameron: Thank you. We did a lot for one another, which gave us the bravery we needed to stop Groudon and Kyogre.

Wallace: My name is Wallace. I hope to see you all very soon.

We all tilted our heads in confusion as Wallace and his Milotic walked away.

Elaine: You still need two badges. Mossdeep City is our next stop.

Cameron: True. Let's ride!

And so, with all the danger subsided, we flew on our Pokémon to Mossdeep City, where Wally was waiting for us.

End of Chapter 33