Ch. 31: Let The Tournament Begin!

We finally arrived at the Pokémon League, and it was brimming full of competing Trainers and spectators!

Cameron: There are...a lot...of...people.

Elaine: You'll be great! You've worked hard for this. Good luck.

Cameron: Thanks. I'm going to need it...

I walked to the reception corner and signed up into the Tournament.

Receptionist: There are two preliminary matches before the quarterfinals. Make it through both and you'll be getting lucky.

I remembered that advice as I headed to my first match. My battle with the first preliminary match opponent was challenging! I managed to win and make it to the 2nd match. I went up against an Ace Trainer who was incredibly arrogant. I kept my cool as I defeated him. He did learn his lesson from that point!

My quarterfinals match was with...a Trainer with a Johto Pokémon!

Johto Trainer: Nice to meet ya, young Trainer! This one-on-one is going to be a real hoot. I have a Pokémon from the Johto region! Good luck!!

We took our places as the Johto Trainer sent out a Pokémon called Kingdra!

Cameron: Dragonite, battle time!

Dragonite let out a mighty roar upon its release from its Ball!

Cameron: Use Thunder!

Dragonite unleashed a Thunder!

Johto Trainer: Kingdra, use Hydro Pump!

Kingdra fired a powerful torrent of water from its nozzle-shaped mouth!

Both moves caused an explosion!

Cameron: Hurricane!

Dragonite kicked up a powerful gust of wind from its wings. The Hurricane started to envelop Kingdra into a vortex of wind!

Johto Trainer: Use Twister!

Kingdra tried to disperse the Hurricane with Twister, but it disperses instead!

Cameron: Keep it up, and use Thunder!

Dragonite blasted a Thunder from inside the Hurricane and zaps Kingdra!

After the Hurricane disappeared, Kingdra appeared to be paralyzed!

Cameron: Do it! Use Dragon Claw!

Dragonite took its opening to its advantage and headed up towards Kingdra!

Johto Trainer: You can do it, Kingdra! Try and shake it off!

Kingdra's paralysis kept it transfixed!
It soon succumbs to the massive damage of Dragon Claw!

Kingdra collapsed in its fatigue!

The quarterfinals match was over. I moved on to the semifinals!

Once the match began, my opponent was none other than my friend and rival Trace!

Trace: I'm ready for whatever you can dish out, so be prepared for my awesome team!!

I can't wait to see how this match will end up. Will I be the victor, or will Trace?! I'm about to find out!

End of Chapter 31