Series 5 Chapter 3: A Verdant Surprise and a Cascading Catch!

As a new day dawns, I got ready before heading out for a walk. I enjoyed the neighborhood's peacefulness until something hit me from behind! When I turned to see, the back of my head was hit by a blast of water. Pidove suddenly exited its Poké Ball and blew a Gust, revealing one of our culprits: a wild Snivy hiding in the bushes! A wild Oshawott appeared as well and hit me with another Water Gun!

Cameron: Hey!

Before I could reach them, the Snivy covered their escape with Leaf Tornado!

Cameron: That was weird.

At the Pokémon Center, a lot of people were on edge. I asked Nurse Joy why all of these people are doing.

Nurse Joy: They're getting their Pokémon healed after being victims of the Thieving Two.

Cameron: Who are they?

Nurse Joy: A Snivy and an Oshawott that have been causing trouble around the city. I'm guessing they went for you as well.

I nodded.

Nurse Joy: Stay vigilant if you're going back out. Those two are crafty.

Cameron: I will. Thank you!

I went back outside. I felt uneasy, knowing that Snivy and Oshawott may return. Then, I had an idea. I left a piece of a biscuit I ate last night on the ground. I waited for a little until Snivy and Oshawott appeared, took the biscuit, and wasted no time running. I took off and followed them to an abandoned house.

There, I saw a load of stuff that Snivy and Oshawott took as they shared the biscuit.

Cameron: I see....

Pikachu nodded in agreement.

Cameron: They're trying to survive. It's no wonder they keep taking things. It's the only choice they have.

Pikachu cuddled up to me for comfort.

Cameron: Let's help them!

Before I entered the house, a bird Pokémon appeared, giving an intimidating stare

Pokédex: Mandibuzz, the Bone Vulture Pokémon. A Dark- and Flying-type. Mandibuzz swoop down to attack weakened Pokémon when they are distracted. Mandibuzz often like to decorate their plumage with bones.

Snivy and Oshawott tensed up as Mandibuzz searched the pile. It began to get angry when it found nothing. Snivy and Oshawott tried to explain, but Mandibuzz wasn't pleased at all. It soon lost its temper and readied a Dark Pulse!

Cameron: Pidove, go!

Pidove flew toward Mandibuzz quickly!

Cameron: Use Sky Attack!

Pidove charged up before slamming into Mandibuzz before it could use Dark Pulse!

Cameron: Pikachu, Quick Attack!

Pikachu joined in as well on the attack!

Snivy and Oshawott were surprised at my actions! They were conflicted.

Cameron: I know you don't trust me, but I know how hard it is for you two! Let me help! I promise.

As I continued battling, Snivy and Oshawott were feeling safe. They were watching the battle with open eyes and ears.

Pikachu and Pidove were getting tired, and Mandibuzz was about to attack again! Luckily, it received a Water Gun from Oshawott.

Mandibuzz was about to attack Oshawott before it was caught by Snivy's vines!

Cameron: Nice job! Pikachu, Thunderbolt!

Pikachu defeated Mandibuzz with a super-effective Thunderbolt!

Cameron: Let's go!

I grabbed Snivy and Oshawott, quickly running away from the house. At the Pokémon Center, I got Snivy and Oshawott checked on before speaking to them.

Cameron: I'm sorry I took you from your home. But I felt like I had to. I hope you understand.

Snivy and Oshawott quietly stared at me as I spoke. Then, Snivy took out two Poké Balls from my bag and caught both itself and Oshawott! They wanted to be a part of my team and decided to join my team.

I picked up my new Pokémon and let them back out.

Cameron: Welcome to the team, you two.

Snivy and Oshawott smiled, fully embracing their new lives!

End of Chapter 3