Series 3 Chapter 24: A Nice Visit!

We were at Wanda's house in Verdanturf Town. We just cleared the tunnel's path, resulting in Wally catching a wild Whismur.

Wanda: I thank you all for letting me see my boyfriend. The tunnel can be usable thanks to you!

Cameron: It's the least we can do.

Wanda: Oh, you four can at least spend the night?

Cameron: Oh...alright.

And so, we got settled and spent a night at Wanda's house.

In Wally's room, we had a contest to see who could show off the coolest appeal with a Pokémon move. Grovyle started strong with Energy Ball, while Blaziken blew it all away with Flamethrower!

Cameron: Man, that was fun. I'd oughta turn in for now. Night, guys!

The next day, I found Wally and Gallade training.

Cameron: Morning, Wally.

Wally: Hey! I'm just training with Gallade.

Gallade nodded in agreement with his Trainer.

Wally: Gallade learned a new move and we can't perfect it. Think you can help us?

Cameron: Sure! One thing that can help Gallade master that new move is a battle! Come on, let's find a good spot!

We went to Route 109 and found a good spot to start our battle. I sent out Kirlia!

Cameron: Let's do it, Wally! Don't hold back!

Wally: I won't lose this time!

After a quiet atmosphere, we pulled the first attack simultaneously!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Wally: Use Close Combat!

Kirlia fired a Thunderbolt, but Gallade smashed straight through it with Close Combat!

Cameron: Use Confusion!

Kirlia's psychic energy emanated strongly, lifting Gallade in the air!

Wally: Break out of it and use Swords Dance!

Gallade broke of Kirlia's Confusion and boosted its attack power with Swords Dance!

Wally: Now, use Stored Power!

Gallade swings its arms and sends a wave of energy at Kirlia! Before it reached her, the move dissipated.

Wally: Darn!

Cameron: Keep on trying! As long as you believe in Gallade and vice versa, you'll scale any hurdle!

Wally begins to gain even more confidence in himself and Gallade as they readied another attack!

Wally: Gallade, keep using Swords Dance!

Gallade maximized its attack power with Swords Dance!

Wally: Do it! Stored Power!

Gallade successfully lauched a Stored Power and overwhelmed Kirlia! Though the attack was beyond her limit, Kirlia began to emanate stronger psychic power, blasting Gallade to Wally! Kirlia learned Psychic!

Cameron: I think that's enough training for now.

Wally: True.

We headed back to Verdanturf Town, where May and Brendan were waiting and talking to Wanda.

Cameron: Hey, guys!

Brendan: Where were you two?

Wally: Training. We had a lot of fun with our Pokémon that way!

I couldn't help but smile at Wally's ambition. I was happy I battled with him once again!

Cameron: Ready to go?

May: Yep. Rusturf Tunnel will lead us to Rustboro City and then Petalburg City, where you'll face my dad in a Gym battle!

Cameron: I'm excited about Norman as well!

Wally: Let's go!

And so, we moved through Rusturf Tunnel once again and made it back to Rustboro City!

My Gym battle with Norman awaits!

End of Chapter 24