Series 3 Chapter 8: Voyaging We Go!

After scaling Petalburg Woods, we emerged with not only the returned goods, but a letter to a man named Steven. We were tasked to deliver both by the president of the Devon Corporation!

As the scientist escorted us to the company's top floor, he gestured us to the end of the room after heading there for a second.

Scientist: Our president would like to see you now.

As I kept looking out at the expansive sea during my reminiscense, I felt something on my head. When I put my hand up, it pecked me!

Cameron: Ow!

A wild Taillow flew off my head and landed on the rail.

The little Taillow was feisty, but docile, so I fed it. Taillow puffed out its black plumage and relaxed.

Cameron: Where did you come from, Taillow? I might help you.

Taillow turned away, keeping quiet.

I checked Taillow's information on my Pokédex.

Pokédex: Taillow, the Tiny Swallow Pokémon. A Normal- and Flying-type. A Taillow leaves its nest once it gains a sense of independence. It is very gutsy, though it will lose its determination if hungry.

After thinking it over...

Cameron: You left your nest?

Taillow, surprised at my assumption, nodded lightly.

Cameron: If you need a little help, I'm here for it. You can even join my team. Pikachu and the others are very nice.

The small swallow agreed, taking off as it flew in place.

I threw a Poke Ball, but the wind drifted its path. Taillow reacted by reaching the Ball using Quick Attack and let it hit. The catch was complete, but I managed to catch the Ball before it fell in the water.

I let Tallow out, and the Pokémon perched on my head. I was going to watch this little bird now.

As we reached the port of Dewford Town, I saw a Pokémon flying at fighter-jet speed above us. It soon sped away, cut off from human sight.

Brendan and May came soon after to explain the Pokémon that passed by. They were happy to meet my new Taillow, but they explained the Pokémon that passed by. It was called Latios.

Cameron: Latios?

Brendan: Yes. One of two Eon Pokémon that roam all of Hoenn to their heart's content! They only come to battle if people wish to see them.

Cameron: I can't wait for that. We've still got my Gym challenge, as well as our delivery misson.

May: True. If we meet Latios one day, it'll be really special.

We all laughed in delight of our excitement.

Next stop: Dewford Town!

End of Chapter 8