It's Time [Jax Teller]

For as long as [Y/N] could remember the relationship she's had with Jax Teller has always been a good one. Their friendship even held up when Tara accused [Y/N] of sleeping with Jax, boy did she get a surprise when they broke the news to her. In the long run it actually brought the three of them closer, so close in fact that when [Y/N] got in fights with her parents the let her crash at the house.

Which is where she currently resides, thankful for such kind and lovable friends. Jax comes stumbling into the living room toting a babbling Thomas and flops down heavily next to her. They both let out contented sighs as Thomas reaches over to her with grabby hands which she happily accepts. Once Thomas is situated on her lap she glances over at Jax who's wearing a very devilish grin.

"What's that look for Teller?" [Y/N] asks as Thomas claps his hands together happily.

"Nothing, nothing I just think that you'd be a great parent is all." Jax replies as Tara joins them with Thomas breakfast. Tara whisks Thomas away so that she can feed him and then work on feeding Abel and then herself.

[Y/N] snickers more to herself but they both eventually break out into laughter, "Thanks man, but at this rate I'll be alone and those kids wouldn't have grandparents."

"I think it's high time you say them down and told them [Y/N], i'm not forcing you to do it, just suggesting is all." Jax states as he pays her leg as a form of encouragement.

She nods her head in agreement as she cuts her eyes over to Tara who is smiling and nodding her head as well. After a few more moments of quiet she forces herself into a standing position with cellphone in hand.

"I'll be back, just gonna step outside and make a call." [Y/N] states as she waves at an excited Thomas who's halfway through his bottle.

"Take your time, we'll be right here if you need us." Tara says while adjusting Thomas so that he's in a more comfortable position. [Y/N] nods and steps outside onto the front porch making sure the door is closed tightly behind her. She hesitates for a moment before dialing her mother's cell number and placing the phone up to her ear.

The line rings for a few moments for clicking over to the answering machine. Her mother's voice drawls on about them not being home and to just leave a message, which she does.

"Hey Ma, I know we hit a rough patch but there are somethings I think we need to talk about." [Y/N] states as a Chibs pulls into the driveway, "i'm gonna make some reservations at that little diner you like and if you want to talk, just meet there tonight."

[Y/N] hangs up the phone as the front door swings open and Jax comes bounding out, "Watch Tara and the kids! Don't answer the door no matter what unless it's me or one of the guys!"

"What's going on?" [Y/N] questions, but doesn't get a reply as the two of them hurry off on their bikes.

"[Y/N]? Did you get through to your mom?" Tara questions from behind her, she spins around to look at her and shakes her head no. "Give her a ring back and if you can't leave the house later just have her swing by okay?"

"Thanks Tara, now lets get you and the babies settled in for the day." [Y/N] replies as she ushers Tara back inside making sure the door is locked and deadbolted before she settles back down on the couch. After some time she tries her mom again but once more it takes her straight to voicemail. Once the beep is over she quickly updates the previous message so that her mom will know that things have changed.

Hours pass and there's no return phone call, [Y/N] has pretty much given up hope until Jax returns that afternoon. The door opens revealing Jax and behind him stands [Y/N]'s mother who's shuffling around behind him.

"I found her sitting in the driveway trying to work up the courage to come to the door." Jax states as he steps to the side allowing her mother to enter the house, "please make yourself at home."

[Y/N] stands up from the couch and motions for her mother to come into the living room, "Thanks Jax, it won't take long, don't want to jam you up."

"It's all good darlin, take all the time you need." Jax replies with a soft smile before disappearing down the hallway to where the boys rooms are.

"Mom, please have a seat." She mumbles while motioning to one of the nearby chairs, "i'm Happy you came."

"Not to be rude, but what do you need to tell me." Her mother states, her eyes focused on anything but [Y/N], "there's just a lot going on."

[Y/N] clears her throat, her nerves starting to become riled up, "there's something you don't know about me mom and I've been wanting to tell you for the longest. But every time I go to do it we always end up in these heated arguments."

"Go on Child, what is it?" Her mother questions, her tone softening as well as her rigid posture.

"I-i'm, I like girls ma, for as long as I can remember." [Y/N] mumbles lowly, her eyes boring into the carpet at her feet. She waits patiently for a response from her mother but it doesn't come, instead nimble hands land gently on her cheeks. Her head is lifted and her eyes make contact with her mother's tearful gaze.

"Baby, i'm so happy that you've finally told me." Her mother states, "i'm so sorry for all of the shit that's happened between us, and I know I can't take it back but but I'd like to start over."

"I'd like that ma." [Y/N] replies with a smile, tears creeping down her own cheeks, "I guess we also have Jax to thank as well."

"He's always been a good boy and a good friend." Her mother replies happily.