Someone To Love

Everyone on the Octopod has that one other person who they know is always there for them, and who thy find themselves gravitating towards when they need a hug.

Dashi would always go down to the Launch Bay to find Tweak whenever she was sad and needed a hug. Tweak was always too happy to give her one. This turned into every single time Dashi entered the Launch Bay, she'd seek out Tweak so she could give her a hug. This happened so often that whenever Tweak heard footsteps coming into the Launch Bay, there was always a part of her hoping it was Dashi.

Whenever Kwazii and Peso have sleepovers and story nights (including lots of monster stories) in Kwazii's room and they hear a noise that they think is a monster, they'll immediately run to the Captain's room and tell him about the "monster". The Captain would then run into the Kwazii's room and pretend to check for a monster.

When he "found none", then he'd go back to his room, tuck both of his baby boys into his bed and sing them a lullaby to get them to sleep while he sleeps on the floor. When Kwazii and Peso wake up in the morning and find him on the floor, they'll wake him up and very nicely scold him for sleeping on the floor and giving them his bed when he could've gotten them to go to Kwazii's bed instead.

Inkling and Shellington are science buddies. When Shellington has an experiment he really wants to do, he'll get the professor to come with him and help him with it, an they have reading sessions where Inkling pulls out a couple books on a species that Shellington was obsessed with, and they'd read all the books and Inkling would listen to Shellington rant excitedly about the species with a smile on his face.

The baby Vegimals will act like the kids' mini crew mates and try to help them with all their chores and follow them around everywhere, but usually the kids just let the babies sit on their shoulders and the babies even tried to match clothes with them once.