At the Little Ones' Level

All of the adults on the Octopod bring a lot of difficult things to the kids' and the Vegimals' level to make it easier for them to understand them.

For example, none of the 'little ones' want check-ups from Peso out of fear that Peso's gonna give them a shot, so whenever Peso asks them who wants to go first, they all back away from him.

Peso has a system where the kids take turns going first, and he'll get them to go first by telling them, "You're so brave, why don't you show your brother(s) and sister(s) that there's nothing to worry about?"

With the Vegimals, Peso gives them all cuddles and gets them to line up from tallest to shortest so he can go down the line and check everyone all at once. He figured out how to use psychology to get the Vegimals to have a crying-free check-up. 

He'll put all his checkup equipment into a big, colorful box instead of his medical bag to try and trick the Vegimals into thinking that the checkup is something fun. Whenever he has to do a new check, he'll take the tool that he'll be using out, show it to all the cuties, and tell them exactly what it does. If they're still scared, Peso will very politely ask Shellington to hold his baby in his lap while he gives them the check-up.

Whenever the Captain wants to have a one to one chat with one of his little ones, he'll get down to their level and softly hold their arms/tentacles cos he loves his "baby" so much and wants them to feel like they're the most important thing in his world in that moment.

Inkling isn't always too good at talking to the kids at their level and neither is Shellington sometimes. 

Inkling always tries to understand his nephew and all the other kids to the best of his abilities, but whenever he tries talking to them, he'll sometimes use too much "Inkling-speak" to the point where none of them have a clue what he's trying to say.

Shellington is the best daddy to the Vegimals in the world and can talk to them at their level, but whenever he gets a little too excited about some science thing, he'll start info-dumping about it until no one can understand him. Even though the Vegimals can't understand him, all of them still will cuddle him and listen cos they love him too much and he's their special "Daddy Shellydo".