Responsible Adults

Minus Kwazii, most of the adults on the Octopod are somewhat responsible, and when the kids grew up all of them were (at least a tiny tiny bit) mature.

For example, mature adults probably don't try to shove 10 kelp marshmallows into their mouths at once or try to see if they can use Tweak's suction cup suits to hang upside down from the HQ ceiling by their tail out of boredom. 

The way the adults feed the kids tells a lot about their responsibility level. Dashi, Peso, the Captain, and Inkling will cook a healthy meal and cut the food into fun shapes for the kids, Shellington will get out the healthiest leftovers he can find or ask the Vegimals to cook something, and ask the kids what they want, Tweak will make a smoothie for the kids with whatever fruit and vegetables they want in there (no Vegimals harmed in the making of the smoothie), and get them some fish biscuits.

But with Kwazii? It's Oreos and ice cream for breakfast, much to the guardians' anger. Kwazii is banned from watching the kids ever again after the time he "accidentally" let all the kids run loose in the Octopod while Inkling, Natquik, Tracker, Paani, and Shellington were having a science tea-time, he and all the kids went into the lab and... no one could've ever known a Bunsen Burner could've produced a fire big enough that the flames tickled the ceiling, but one did in the lab that day, and Inkling, Natquik, Tracker, and Shellington were shocked and pretty panicky while Paani was like, "Wow, that sure is a huge fire; I wonder if I could melt my new rock with it."

Despite... incidents like that, Kwazii and the kids love each other. Whenever the kids see Kwazii, all 4 of them will pile on him and give him hugs, which he loves, even if he tries to shake them all off. They'll play with each other, and the kids will occasionally mess with Kwazii's tail until they all run themselves up, and all the kids will lay down on the ground, using Kwazii as a pillow, and they'll all pet him and scratch him behind the ears as he purrs.

The baby Vegimals sometimes will think they're older than they really are, such as when the cubs and Periwinkle visit the Octopod, and all the babies will take care of them cos they think they're "so big and mature" but they're pretty responsible and will feed and take care of babies who are bigger than them.