Blind Trust

Some of the younger members of the Octopod Family, (plus Shellington) have a habit of blindly trusting someone they love, even if that person is Kwazii. 

Peso and Pinto will believe any and all of Kwazii's stories. Whenever they get scared, they'll cuddle each other tightly and Pinto will insist he's not scared. When Kwazii sees this, he'll join the cuddle and reassure them that he won't let the monster anywhere near them.

Overtime, Pinto grew less and less scared of Kwazii and wanted to find the "so-called monster". He usually dragged all his friends on his "monster hunts". He was their baby brother, and he was so excited about finding this monster that none of them had the ability to say no to him, so they all went, and all had a great time "looking for the monster" (playing with pebbles on the seafloor).

Shellington has believed the kids when they told him they found a new species of mollusk. It was a plastic shell painted brown with grey spots.

Also, he's believed Kwazii when Kwazii said he wanted to do "science" (he really wanted to blow things up). But Shellington brought him the Vegimals' little miniature test tubes with colored water inside of them, and insisted that all scientists needed to start with the basics.

The Vegimals do not understand idioms. When Dashi said that Kwazii was making her pull all her hair out, they all immediately kissed the top of her head and rushed her to Peso so he could "make her head all better". It was an interesting conversation to him and Dashi to have. 

When Tweak said that Kwazii was ugly enough to make a gentleman faint, Jane didn't realize she was exaggerating, so when one of Inkling's friends came over and said Inkling was a fine gentleman, Jane had to ask him why Inkling hasn't fainted at how ugly Kwazii was, and when Inkling asked her what she was talking about, Tweak had some explaining to do.