Chapter 41: Josephine's Nursery Reveal

God, how the hell is mine and Nikki's first child, our daughter Josephine 36? It feels like yesterday Nikki was pregnant with her and she was a little girl. She still is, OUR little girl....and one of most memorable moments of Nikki's pregnancy came on July 21, 1988: the reveal of our Josephine's nursery. So exactly one month from a memorable family visit. I can recall very well working on her nursery, wanting to make it special and what really made it even more special, and my husband didn't know until I surprised him that July evening, was that I had taken and came up with creative ways to incorporate his art, his sketches, and photographs of us, which included individuals of us both. I also wanted to blend in Nikki's favorite colors such as purple and mine: his stunning emerald orbs. And of course, other surprises as you will find out....and I can never forget Nikki's reaction, which you are about to find out....

One more thing un-nursery related: On the same day I showed Nikki our daughter's nursery, we found out Mick and Brad were expecting their first child which would turn out to be a son and Brad never did have any morning sickness to which my husband quipped, "Lucky Bastard." But he said this fondly.... now on with the show.

How does time keep rushing by.... pushing ever forward? What I do KNOW is Nikki and I, our love...our bond ever growing, us ever evolving and too that my beloved Honeybee is five months pregnant with Josephine, his body ever changing to accommodate our child and no lie, he grows ever more beautiful and I am so excited and a bit nervous to show him our daughter's nursery, I've been working on it for the past month determined to make it extra special.....

And Nikki is thriving now, he still has his moments...his days as do I, but he knows his limits now and I am so fucking proud of him.... we've just finished dinner and Nikki is currently helping me wash dishes...

I feel the dish I think I was washing, given that I was now so deep in thought by those hands I love and know so well...take it from me and I feel the touch of my beloved's hand on my face, and I lean into Nikki's touch....

"Are you ok Joe? You were washing that same dish for five minutes."

"I'm sorry to have worried you Nikki..." I start guiltily before my tone shifts filled with such pure emotion, "I was thinking about you....US, how much we've grown as a couple, as individuals. We're always evolving, and I was thinking seeing your body continue to grow and change to accommodate our daughter.... that no lie, you only grow more fucking beautiful. And I'm kind nervous about showing you the nursery, I just.... really wanted to make it special."

"Joe..." Nikki's voice trembles husky from tears, very much moved. "You don't know how much your words mean to me, and I KNOW you mean them. I see and feel them from you every day and baby.... I am proud of YOU. You've opened to me; you fight for me.... you've become the best version of yourself, never doubt that you are made for me because I have seen that I am made for you." Nikki leans in and I meet him, our lips coming together in an emotionally charged and beautiful kiss that lasts for the sweetest of eternities until we part for air, both of us looking at one another, our gazes locked. "---And Jo-Jo bear, you ain't gotta be nervous, I know I am gonna love it and probably gonna cry again, but it's totally fucking worth it." Nikki laughs tearfully, as do I....and he takes my hands and places them on his swollen stomach, Josephine beginning to kick at my hands. "She wanted daddies' attention." Softly.

"Hey princess, I hear ya.... i love you, love feeling your move, and I am gonna show mommy your nursery and I get the feeling that you will love it too." I speak to my daughter, her kicking even more so eager if I didn't know better. "She's eager." I told Nikki.

"She is. Now come on Jo-Jo Bear." Nikki grins, and with that I carefully scooped him up in my arms and carried him upstairs, being mindful of Josephine and telling him to close his eyes until we arrive at her nursery door, and I set Nikki on his feet carefully, his eyes still closed. Nikki smirks, "Ya love to show off, don't ya?"

I lean in and purr in his ear, "Oh I'll show off all right babe.... later." Nikki shivers from my tone before I gently, after opening the door lead him into the nursery and tell him to open his eyes and when my husband does, he gasps in shock as he takes everything in....in tears, his eyes wide as they can go. I wrap an arm around his waist and my hand on his swollen stomach as he finds his voice....

"Joe.... i.... I mean WOW. This...this is stunning! You included my favorite colors, my photographs of us, one's of us together and by ourselves....my sketches, it's like....an art gallery, a fairy tale art gallery....so creative, damn I love it and as you can no doubt feel, so does our daughter."

"I feel it, I feel it..." Softly before saying, "Oh Honeybee, I wanted to make sure that our daughter would always have us watching over her, with her and for her to see how much she is loved and how much we love one another. I also included greens matching your eyes....and here..." I guide him to her crib, "See? The Jo-Jo Bear, Bear family and her mobile..." I point out, "Little Bears with Angel wings."

"God that's so fucking precious!" Nikki sniffles before he carefully turns to look at me, a look of awe and love.... a look that is purely HIM. "The Angel Wings on the Bears.... you did that because of the song you wrote for me didn't you?"

"I did." I confirm voice husky, "I love you, Nikki."

"And I love you Joe, my wonderful...beyond amazing husband." I kiss Nikki with everything I am and after giving Josephine affection, Nikki, and I both smiling.... together in harmony, as gradually I feel and Nikki tells me she calms and goes to sleep and Nikki eyes me hungrily after, "Now someone.... i.e. YOU promised me you were gonna show off...."

I growl playfully, "Far be it from me to break a promise."

You know what came next, but I'll go ahead and say we had wild passionate sex...the perfect mix of heat and sweet, heart and passion.... something so purely US. We were and still are each other's greatest addiction.... And our daughter slept thru it.... thankfully, all though afterwards she woke up wanting mine and Nikki's attention.... or mine rather, as I kept her calm Nikki falling asleep not long after....

But Nikki's reaction to the nursery, damn that gets me emotional no lie all these years later, and it didn't change for the other children we would have either. It was the perfect, heartfelt reveal....and a perfect night. 

A/N: A nursery reveal, news and so much more! Stay tuned for the next chapter!